Tyre Sizes Issue

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Kevs F Type

Post by Kevs F Type »

Looking at a previous thread, the thread suggests Michelin Sport 4s tyres for the F Type all round, however my 3.0 S has 275/35x19 rear which Michelin do, however Michelin they do not make a 4s in 245/40x19 …. Should I get Michelin Sport 4 all round or Michelin Sport 4s on the rear, and Sport 4 on the front????

Is there other alternatives?

Any help appreciated
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6 S Coupe in Polaris White - Pan Roof, Cold Climate Pack, Reverse Camera Parking Pack, Powered Tailgate, 14w Memory Seat Pack, Configuable Dynamics, Meridian Sound...

AsifG

Post by AsifG »

Maybe call Michelin to see what they advise?

I'm no expert, but the Michelin PSS I've had on previous cars have been so much better than Pirellis
captainham

Post by captainham »

F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
gregreid

Post by gregreid »

@AsifG - why do you think the M's are better? I'm soon to need new boots and am looking for advice....
AsifG

Post by AsifG »

gregreid wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:15 pm @AsifG - why do you think the M's are better? I'm soon to need new boots and am looking for advice....
My previous cars have been a 997 and an RS4, and both had Pirellis initially and then changed to Michelins. I found the Michelins to be much "grippier" and I felt much more confident to attack a corner at speed (I do a lot of trips to the Alps, Wales, Scotland etc). The Pirellis were definitely softer and wore out quicker and just felt less assured, especially in damp conditions.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post