Seat belt

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
taxiak

Post by taxiak »

Hi, wondering if anyone can help.
I have a 2016 coupe with standard seats.
Getting to the seat belts requires some stretching (I can live with that) but sometimes the buckle gets stuck behind the seat. Seat is pushed back almost to max position. Surely there must be something that allows easier access to the belt when trying to put it on ? Sometimes I find myself opening the door and sliding the belt out.

Thanks

PussCat

Post by PussCat »

I have the same and it's one of the few niggles I have with the car. (First world problems, eh?) I'd also be interested to hear of any solutions others use.

Have been considering a little patch of velcro on the buckle and door pillar. Do others simply remember to slide the buckle to the top?
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

It's difficult to visualise this problem from the description. The belt passes through a loop/guide on the top edge of the seat back. When released the surplus belt is retracted back through the loop. There is a stud fitted into the webbing that arrests the buckle. When retracted the stud/buckle finish up below the loop, positioned for the driver to simply reach towards his right shoulder and pull the belt through with buckle ready to clip into its socket.

Where's the problem? Pics may help. 😁
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Aitch wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:48 am It's difficult to visualise this problem from the description. The belt passes through a loop/guide on the top edge of the seat back. When released the surplus belt is retracted back through the loop. There is a stud fitted into the webbing that arrests the buckle. When retracted the stud/buckle finish up below the loop, positioned for the driver to simply reach towards his right shoulder and pull the belt through with buckle ready to clip into its socket.

Where's the problem? Pics may help. 😁
I think the loop on the seat you describe is only on the latest seats, certainly mine doesn’t have that, the seat belt comes straight from the belt holder, perhaps something fixed to the belt to stop it fully rewinding may help.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

TopCat wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:55 pm
I think the loop on the seat you describe is only on the latest seats, certainly mine doesn’t have that, the seat belt comes straight from the belt holder, perhaps something fixed to the belt to stop it fully rewinding may help.
My car is 2014 and has the loops. I'm surprised if some don't. I see where you're coming from now but can't offer a solution.

PS my car does have the sports seats.
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

This definitely a design fault as is the difficulty of flipping down the sun visors. I put my belt on before closing the door but there’s probably a better way I’ve not yet worked out.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Leave the belt lying over the seat edge bolster after use. The belt is there ready to lift across & buckle up once seated.

Can honestly say this has never been an issue. Just need to remember to leave it in that position every time you get out of car, it’s then ready for next time.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

Never occurred to me to do that - and I shouldn’t have to really but I must say it solves the problem so thanks!
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Pleasure. Only reason I began to do this was to display my red seal belts 👍 😁
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies