Engine Failure

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

Aitch wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:00 pm After my 12 months of ownership and experience of main dealer capability, you'd do as well to take your cars to the local primary school for a service.
+1
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Ok

so where do we take our F Types for a trust worthy service (apart from doing it our self) any thoughts ?

any help greatly appreciated :)
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

Aitch wrote:After my 12 months of ownership and experience of main dealer capability, you'd do as well to take your cars to the local primary school for a service.
+2 very funny! [emoji16]🤣
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

O.P I am sorry to hear about you issue.

I recently had a major issue that was due to bad design. I had to email the CEO of jag to express my deep disappointment 3 times until I got a resolution.

My thoughts are that if the engine has been serviced regularly by jaguar and inside the specified mileage / time then it would look very bad if you were to go to the press with this.

Jaguar have made some truly stunning design errors with the mechanics of these cars and they need to stand up and recognise their failings.

You will need to be persistent. Google is your friend you are not alone with engine failure (most due to oil starvation or over filling)

Email address is ralf.speth@jaguarlandrover.com

Also google the below quote:

"If you think good design is expensive, you should look at the costs of bad design"

Beat Regards

J
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post