In control remote but not in control apps

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
e46mjl

Post by e46mjl »

Hi there,

The f type (MY 2016) I’m looking at according to the spec the dealer has pulled off from Jaguar for the car has in control remote but doesn’t appear to have in control apps.

Can this be sorted by a software upgrade or does it need some hardware to enable it ?

Thanks in advance

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

My car is a MY2019 , and I have littel knowledge of the older cars, sorry. The 'in control apps' are part of the wide screen / top range infotainment system. And believe me, apps are mainly an aid for navigation and a load of apps you have normally on your phone. and I'm quite sure you can not get it with a software update !
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

On other JLR products in control apps are near useless. I would not bother even if it were technically possible to get them working
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Myer

Post by Myer »

The ICT Pro does not necessarily come with the Apps, I have an F-Pace with ICT Pro and it does not have them. In some markets they have to be ordered separately. It is not possible to just "download them".

Firstly the car has to have a fitted SIM carrier, mine does not despite various Jaguar personnel telling me otherwise!

As cj 10jeeper has said they are not worth bothering with.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

One of the issues across most of the forums is different specs for different countries.
That's why we encourage members to put their locations so if it is a spec issue it can be apparent pretty quickly.

As regards the incontrol apps they come with the Pro ICT system (in the UK at least).
Download the "Jaguar Apps" app to your phone from the playstore or wherever and select which apps you want from the list.
Connect the phone via the usb preferably using the original phone cable and you will get an extra screen on the main display where you can fiddle with your apps.

As has been said there's nothing much to interest me although people have been getting excited recently as spotify is now available.
Apparently the Tom Tom app requires a subscription which people are saying is a bit expensive.
LarmiqFType

Post by LarmiqFType »

In control remote is just for the services like seeing where the car is and seeing if it is locked and the party trick of starting it by "remote" to pre heat the interior.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post