Squeaky brakes

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

jsjskos wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:25 am Hi wanner69, I had the same issue at around 8000 miles and had to take several videos as evidence that clearly something was wrong. It would squeak at 5mph and 50 or more. It was driving me nuts and had several heated discussions with Jaguar servicing team. What did they do, they first offered me to lubricate the pads which costed me over £300 and did nothing. I complained again and again and replaced the break pads. Problem solved.
Thanks for the reply. its annoying for sure
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,

Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Realise its an old topic but just took my SVR for its first "spirited" run since purchased

en-route back when i got back into town at town speeds i got the squeaking when slowing down at around 20 mph

i have carbon ceramic brakes

i suppose it's just one of those you have to live with?
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Hi Backofthenet,

I had a Porsche Cayenne Turbo with CCB and they used to squeal horribly, especially at low speeds. I was advised to take it for a run and use the brakes hard and this fixed it, for a while at least. Maybe worth a try?
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Thanks

will enjoy giving that a try anyway even if not successful
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Old topic but a couple of weeks out from my first annual service and started hearing squeaky brakes. Have only done 9,000+ kms (5-6K miles) and shocked it was me squeaking when I pulled up in traffic. Other cars I have had I expected it around 35-40,000 kms, will mention it when I take it in but really surprised.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Hammers wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:56 am Old topic but a couple of weeks out from my first annual service and started hearing squeaky brakes. Have only done 9,000+ kms (5-6K miles) and shocked it was me squeaking when I pulled up in traffic.

Have a look at this......

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5760
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies