Squeaky brakes

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Anyone else f type suffer from this? My car was in for its second service yesterday and i asked the dealer to investigate for me. 3 hours later there reply was JLR are aware of squeaky brakes and as yet there is no fix. Are they just fobbing me off ?
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,

PussCat

Post by PussCat »

When do you squeak?

I sometimes squeak a bit when I move from Park into Reverse when I back down my drive. (Stock 2016 V6S)
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
Deleted User 1794

Post by Deleted User 1794 »

i squeak when i am in a line of traffic at speed more than just a crawl but less than say 20mph.
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Seems to be when I'm slowing down for lights or coming to a junction at slower speeds. It's just a bit embarrassing if there 2 lanes of traffic sitting at lights then I come along squeaking
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

wanner69 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:37 pm Seems to be when I'm slowing down for lights or coming to a junction at slower speeds.
Mine does that but only when brakes are hot after a spirited run when very lightly on brakes as you come to a stop from 5mph to 0.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Thing is should we have to put up with it especially with the money we spend on these cars? I might ring JLR and see what they say.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I usually file the leading edges off pads to fix it. Never fails to work
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Are they carbon ceramic brakes? I had carbon brakes on a Porsche and if you only used light braking for a while they would squeal horribly. The fix was to brake hard a few times and then they were fine. For a while!
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

No just standard brakes on my v6s
jsjskos

Post by jsjskos »

Hi wanner69, I had the same issue at around 8000 miles and had to take several videos as evidence that clearly something was wrong. It would squeak at 5mph and 50 or more. It was driving me nuts and had several heated discussions with Jaguar servicing team. What did they do, they first offered me to lubricate the pads which costed me over £300 and did nothing. I complained again and again and replaced the break pads. Problem solved.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post