Headlamps condensation

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
jsjskos

Post by jsjskos »

Image-5.jpeg

Hi all,
I've been having condensation issues in both headlamps for about 2.5 years now. I've had two cases open with Jaguar and headlamps condensation is apparently a "manufacturing feature" that I shouldn't worry about, which I disagree with.
Not sure if any of you have or are also experiencing this issue, but let me know if you have any recommendations/suggestions to handle this specific issue :)

daveyc86

Post by daveyc86 »

Same issue on my driver side, started last week after washing. Assuming it's taking longer to clear due to the moisture in the air and the fact my car is parked in an underground carpark. As long as it's not full of standing water or effecting the headlight system, I'm easy with it.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

There is a Jaguar Bulletin for this marked as information only on Topix.

JTB00379 - Front And Rear Lamp Condensation - For Information Only

I dont have a subscription to access it though. Perhaps someone on hear might and would be happy to copy and paste the bulletin.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Tel

Post by Tel »

If you search the forums, you should find an article thar I wrote to cure this issue for at least one winter....
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Official JTB00379 technical bulletin from Jaguar attached.
JTB00379.pdf
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 597 times
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
vika01

Post by vika01 »

jsjskos wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:51 am Image-5.jpegHi all,
I've been having condensation issues in both headlamps for about 2.5 years now. I've had two cases open with Jaguar and headlamps condensation is apparently a "manufacturing feature" that I shouldn't worry about, which I disagree with.
Not sure if any of you have or are also experiencing this issue, but let me know if you have any recommendations/suggestions to handle this specific issue :)
I have this issue on my XJ’s rear lights.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
Tel

Post by Tel »

I copied this over to help you out....

Remove the large round rubber caps on the back of the headlight units.

Drive the car around in the dry weather with the headlights on until all of the condensation has evaporated.

Dry out the silica-gel bags, by either peeling them off the rubber caps and putting them in the oven on a low heat for an hour or so, or just pop the caps with the gel in an hot clothes airing cupboard for a while.

You can use a hairdryer to warm and dry the internals of the headlamp unit by directing the warm air into the back where the rubber cap was removed.

Pop the rubber caps back on, and if you struggle to do the side that has the jump start connections, remove the two screws and swing this unit out of the way to get better access.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
daveyc86

Post by daveyc86 »

daveyc86 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:14 pm Same issue on my driver side, started last week after washing. Assuming it's taking longer to clear due to the moisture in the air and the fact my car is parked in an underground carpark. As long as it's not full of standing water or effecting the headlight system, I'm easy with it.
I spoke too soon! :lol:

Mine developed quite significant water droplets. Presented it to my local dealer (Ascot) who are replacing under approved used warranty.
LarmiqFType

Post by LarmiqFType »

Daveyc86 did you have a photo of when it happened? Mine seems to have started forming droplets inside the headlight indicator section.
daveyc86

Post by daveyc86 »

Here you go - it persisted over a week and got worse when the car was outside, as opposed to when it's parked up in my underground car park.

I'd say the misting in the original post is okay and in line with the manual and bulletin. Mine became quite severe as you can see and extended up all the drl's.

Edit: Hopefully the image is visible now.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post