Geometry

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
steveo35

Post by steveo35 »

Just to say thanks for all the technical input. I had 4 x brand new mich pilot 4s installed yesterday and they rechecked the alignment. They stated everything was within tollerance. They tweaked something slightly and the wheel now seems to be more central and there is no crabbing effect when cornering. However... the car now seems to have very light steering. Usually when i go into corners the steering tightens up but it seems very light... i.e i get none of that nice resitance feeling through the steering wheel as you drive through a corner. The steering is heavy enough at like 60/70mph for motorway but on twist side roads it just feels like the front end is too high and floaty?? Checked tyre pressures from cold and they are all bang on. Wven emailed michelin to ask about the new tyres and if they need to be scrubbed in and they replied saying they should be grippy from the moment you put them on the car. I have loads of rear traction when accelerating but soon as i start to turn the steering wheel is very light. It feels like the front tyres have 50psi in them. Any ideas or is it a case of something is still wrong with the geometry??

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Steveo35.
I think it must be OK now. You were used to the wrong alignment and subconsiously compensated for it. This sometimes creeps in,
and you gradually grow to work against it. I would try to stop wondering and enjoy.. :P
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

New tyres are also much lighter on the steering due to greater block depth
As posted above stop worrying and enjoy driving
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
steveo35

Post by steveo35 »

Haha yeah you could be correct. Ill just have to take it steady for a bit. Most places say new tyres can take a couple hundred miles to bed in so could just be a bit slippy still.