Front parking sensors

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Mikeo468

Post by Mikeo468 »

Hi all , I have just purchased an f type 3litre s and it puts a great big smile on my face,
One disappointment is NO front parking sensors !! Does anyone know if they can be retrofitted easily and cost ??

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I didn't realise they were an option on the S

I cannot give a definitive answer, but having swapped my bumper it was necessary to rebuild the wiring loom to incorporate my existing S sensors in the different shape bumper. My opinion is that to retrofit would require an expensive loom and potentially extension to the control module, new bumper plus respray to accommodate the sensors and 4 sensors. Even if fitted I'd guess coding required that Jaguar would be reluctant or refuse to do. An indy may be able to help

There are many aftermarket sensors that you may find easier to fit inside the front bumper and have been used by friends on their Z4's as an option
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

When I got my 400 second hand it was advertised as front sensors, rear sensors and rear camera.

It didnt have front sensors so got a refund and compensation. To be honest it is fine to park without them and tend to reverse into spaces as the camera is actually quite good.

The dealer did offer to fit a retro front sensors. They cannot integrate into the P button on head unit and could not make them auto detect at low speeds. The best they could do is fit sensors into bumper and put a new button where the fog lights are that you have to press with a little speaker. Rubbish so i took the money instead.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Mikeo468

Post by Mikeo468 »

Front parking sensors

Sorry for delay in replying, all sorts of things going on including house move ( stressful or what)
Thanks for your replies, update is I had retro sensors fitted by a garage recommended by main dealer,
They made a great job, neat and tidy, apparently wired through park brake !! And no switch, they come on automatically but don’t show on screen !!
Cheers all
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Mikeo468 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:29 am Front parking sensors

Sorry for delay in replying, all sorts of things going on including house move ( stressful or what)
Thanks for your replies, update is I had retro sensors fitted by a garage recommended by main dealer,
They made a great job, neat and tidy, apparently wired through park brake !! And no switch, they come on automatically but don’t show on screen !!
Cheers all
Can you share more details? Location, garage, price?
Just interested as dealer said they could not do that hence I never got it done.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Mikeo468

Post by Mikeo468 »

Hi details are
I live near Bristol, company is .. AES retro fit , they use lazerline or steermate sensors, cost £594
The guys at guy salmon jaguar Brislington recommended them . Phone no 01179090091 the owner is Paul. They did my “F” last week
Mike

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post