Can’t identify this squeak

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Superchd

Post by Superchd »

I’ve got a 2013 V6 S convertible which I’ve had for about 4 years. Over the last few months it’s developed this odd squeak. Sounds like it’s coming from the rear. It happens at random times, regardless of braking, accelerating, cornering, bumpy or smooth road, or even moving at all as sometimes it happens when the car is stationary. It’s quite loud and sounds like something going on and off. There’s a half second squeak followed by a shorter Squeak/click.

I’ve seen posts on here about active exhaust valves causing squeaks. One correspondent said that if the exhaust was left open they didn’t get the squeak. I’ve tried open and closed; no difference. I’ve tried opening and closing repeatedly but this in itself caused no squeaking.

HELP! Does anyone have any clue what this is? Needless to say, whenever I have taken it to a garage and driven the car around with a mechanic, the car behaved impeccably with no squeaking at all, only to start again as soon as I drove away from the garage!
Just changed my 2013 V6 S convertible to a 2021 P450 V8 Reims edition in French racing blue

Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Does the squeak disappear with a 'normal' passenger or only mechanics?

If it goes with normal passengers then I'd be looking at what's happening when the n/s suspension is loaded. Start with the front suspension bushes and spray some soapy water around them to see if it makes any difference. We've had long spells of hot, dry weather which can cause squeaks to apppear and then go again once the roads become wet.

If the squeak is exorcised only by a mechanic's arse, then you need divine intervention :)
Superchd

Post by Superchd »

Thanks Aitch. Regrettably it’s only mechanics. Drive around today with my wife in the car and it was as bad as ever.

I don’t think it’s a suspension thing as it has happened even when stationary.

Thanks anyway
Just changed my 2013 V6 S convertible to a 2021 P450 V8 Reims edition in French racing blue

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post