TPMS valves

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
jobegold

Post by jobegold »

Hi Guys,

So im having a problem with my TPMS valve on the back left. Its fluctuating from 28 to 29 to 30 but the Tyre is not going down.

Has anybody had this problem before. The car is a 2015 V8R. The dealer quoted about 140 plus VAT i think it was which i think is expensive considering you can get them from ebay for around 30 pound each.

The dealer said they have to program the valves but im sure they are self programming.

Any help would be appreciated. Also if anybody has a link to the correct ones just so im sure.

Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

The pressure can rise with temperature, I expect you know that. The sensors self program after a few miles. Sorry, don't know the sensor type.

By the way, the TPMS valves should have seal kits changed every few years. I had a 6 year old Jag valve blow out at motorway speed. The whole centre was missing.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
jobegold

Post by jobegold »

Jaguandy,

Thanks for that. The car is nearly 3 years old so i may just change all of them just to be sure. Hopefully i can get them from ebay and the dealer will fit them at a small fee if they dont need programming.
scm

Post by scm »

You might find a local friendly tyre place that'll do it for considerably less than main dealer rates.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

There are genuine Jaguar Land Rover spec ones for sale on ebay and your local tyre fitters should be well able to fit them. After a few miles of driving above 15mph the car will learn the new sensors. I had new wheels and tyres fitted complete with new TPMS valves and the car had picked up the new sensors with just a couple of miles normal driving.
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
jobegold

Post by jobegold »

Thank guys,

Ill give it a go. :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post