gear changing at rev limit

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
howard

Post by howard »

Even in manual mode using the flappies, the fezza changed up automatically when the engine got to the rev limit. I know that my F typre doesnt do that is its in dynamic and sports mode but does it do it if its just in dynamic ( ie no sports) or even ordinary mode? Too much mechanical sympathy to leave the engine revving its nuts off just to test this out myself and invariably rev limit means going briskly with eyes on the road rather than the tacho.

scm

Post by scm »

Jags only change down, not up, when in "full" manual mode (if my XKR was anything to go by) - I haven't fully tested my F-Type's behaviour in this respect yet. If you're using the paddles, you're in charge of the upshifts!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Arne

Post by Arne »

It will only "bounce off the rev limiter" when in the combination "sport mode and manual" (does not matter if you are in normal or dynamic mode).

If you select manual mode (by using the paddles) in D mode (wether in Dynamic or normal mode), it will automatically upshift when you reach the rev limiter.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Psst! RFM :)
howard

Post by howard »

Thanks but couldnt find it in the FM!
scm

Post by scm »

In my manual, it's buried as a note under Driving Modes - Dynamic (p103), but only mentions dynamic mode and Sport being when upshifts are fully manual. Implies Sport and non-dynamic will upshift automatically. Anyone brave enough to rev the guts out of their baby to check? ;)

It also mentions (Transmission, p82) the automatic switching out of manual mode in Drive, but not Sport.
Arne

Post by Arne »

I have tested mine, and when in Sport mode combined with manual shifting, it will only upshift manually.

It does not matter if it is in combination with "normal" mode "or "dynamic mode". It will act the same way.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
scm

Post by scm »

Thanks for that clarification.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post