Aftermarket CarPlay?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Hi guys

Has anyone seen or fitted anything that allows Apple Carplay to work on current or older F types?
Carplay looks super useful now on ios12 and am looking for a way to get this to work without losing any of the current InControl functionality.

I've seen aftermarket kits for audis, but none for Jags :(
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

siobhanellis

Post by siobhanellis »

There's a discussion about this in the Jaguar Forums. I've come up with a way to mirror your screen, but you don't get any feedback from the touch screen... it's just display.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@SammyV6S.
I would just get a good phoneholder and link it with the USB or even the aux to the infotainment.
You can then control it from your phone display.

Forget about using the car infotainmentscreen

To be able to get Apple carplay / Android Auto, you need the latest 'smartphone pack', for 2019 and LATER models !
But this can only be installed if you ALREADY have hardware that CAN NOT be retrofitted !
Read all about it here :

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/10/23/jag ... ccounter=2
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Now any F-Type can have Android Auto, apple carplay, WiFi and Jaguar Rerun [torque / track recorder app]..

how to install :
where to buy :
or.... : https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 1695Hm7NFT

************** BEFORE YOU ORDER CHECK WITH SELLER IT SUITS YOUR CAR MODEL AND YEAR ***********
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Thanks Dan, looks like thats just android though :(
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Very interesting - bringing Jag infotainment into the present.

Wonder what happens when you have a sw upgrade.

Think I'll stick with my foot operated sound system for now though 8-)
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Does anyone know if it is at all possible to retro fit the incontrol pro system with car play to an MY16 car?
The unit size is the same, the hard buttons just become touch screen buttons, right?

Or is more required here? ie would my MY16 just not have the internal computer system to deal with the retrofit?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post