Service required indicator - engine cut-out

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Karaokeboy

Post by Karaokeboy »

Hi

I picked up a 2015 model and have confirmation of previous jag services every October up to my purchase date in April 2018.

This weekend, and after a 150-mile journey, the engine cut-out at the first roundabout I stopped at. At first I thought it was just the Eco-system kicking in, but while still in auto-drive position, the car wouldn't move when I released the brake. I had to turn off the engine and re-start. It was then I noticed the 'Service Required' indicator. (Not sure if it had been there previously, first time I'd seen it.)

I've only done c.5,000 miles since April, and wonder if this cut-out is a feature to draw attention to the 'service required' indicator, or something more worrying?! I've booked in for a service, but the first slot is 3 weeks away, and I have 700 miles to drive next week.

Thanks in advance for any sage knowledge!

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Karaokeboy wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:12 am I've only done c.5,000 miles since April, and wonder if this cut-out is a feature to draw attention to the 'service required' indicator, or something more worrying?! I've booked in for a service, but the first slot is 3 weeks away, and I have 700 miles to drive next week.
Certainly nothing to do with the service required warning.
As you say it should restart as soon as you take your foot off the brake so a bit of a mystery.
The service warning will start nagging a fair bit in advance I'm afraid.
Keep an eye on things and check all the fluid levels before your big journey next week.
scm

Post by scm »

I found a procedure that might clear the indicator. Not sure if I should post it here, though.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Yep, there is a procedure - when i had mine serviced this year they forgot so i did it.

It involves lifting the bonnet and holding down pedals - it will be on google.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Karaokeboy

Post by Karaokeboy »

Thanks all. I’ll check all fluids and do a few local miles this week to see if happens again. The Hogarth roundabout in West London isn’t where I want it stalling a 2nd time!
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Mine did this once shortly after I got it at some lights (in central London on the a40), I'm still not sure why/how but it's never done it since (3 years).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post