Car Garaged - Opening Issue

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Evening All,

My P&J is now garaged but I’ve developed an issue when wanting to wake the car up at the weekend.

The car doesn’t seem to respond to me pressing the open button on key fob. Eventually it does & once out in the open it opens on demand.

Anyone else experience this? Would proximaity to house Fuse Board affect this?

Have swopped fobs & still happening.

TIA 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

Arne

Post by Arne »

Could it be the battery in the Key? Mine just "developed" the symptoms you described, and after replacing the battery, all worked well.

Mine is 4 years old.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Tel

Post by Tel »

DaddyDarren wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:38 pm Evening All,

My P&J is now garaged but I’ve developed an issue when wanting to wake the car up at the weekend.

The car doesn’t seem to respond to me pressing the open button on key fob. Eventually it does & once out in the open it opens on demand.

Anyone else experience this? Would proximaity to house Fuse Board affect this?

Have swopped fobs & still happening.

TIA 👍
Now we all know where you hide your keys ;-)

No, proximity to anything else will not change the performance of the transmitter. The only thing that can get between you P&J and the fob is

a) another transmitter or radio in the 433Mhz region
b) A Faraday cage - Biscuit tin or metal box
c) AS mentioned above, your battery

I would, as matter of course, once the car is unlocked, disconnect one of the battery terminals on the car and reboot it.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
RRB

Post by RRB »

The transmitter band of 433Mhz is used for a lot of things, automatic doors, car fobs, wireless doorbells etc etc....are you near a new set of automatic doors? I only ask as we were deadlocked inside a subaru once as the new automatic doors at the Drs surgery where my wife worked blocked the cars signal...had to break out of the rear tailgate...the recovery guy said its a very common problem with supermarket doors !! The car won't open or lock or start....they just push the car a little further away and hay presto all is good with the world !
2017 Black 400s convertible :D
chicb

Post by chicb »

I don't really see the point of locking the car when in the garage, never done it. My thinking is that if the worst happens & someone gets into the garage & the cars locked, they will damage it trying to get into it, so just leave it open. As long as the keys are elsewhere.. I shall put on my tin helmet for the fallout :lol:
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
scm

Post by scm »

The reason to lock the car is to shut down all the systems so they don't drain the battery. I believe it'll sleep eventually, but locking it tells the car it's not needed and can nod off immediately.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
chicb

Post by chicb »

All the systems shut down within a few minutes with the car unlocked. You hear a slight noise. The battery will be draining with the alarm energised on a locked car.
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I'd be inclined to check / switch off the garage door opener if you have one as a test.

Also - turn off your wifi router and try it - you'd be suprised what they interfere with too...
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
RRB

Post by RRB »

chicb wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:21 pm I don't really see the point of locking the car when in the garage, never done it. My thinking is that if the worst happens & someone gets into the garage & the cars locked, they will damage it trying to get into it, so just leave it open. As long as the keys are elsewhere.. I shall put on my tin helmet for the fallout :lol:
One word.....Insurance

Wrigly bast*rds at the best of times....When the car was stolen the car was locked, alarmed and the tracker/immobiliser on......wasn't it Sir???
2017 Black 400s convertible :D
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Thank you for the responses. Food for thought. I’ll have a play & report back.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post