Oil change, how to drain?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
stucart

Post by stucart »

Picking up (new to me) V6 S at weekend, was considering doing an oil / filter change myself just to be sure (FSH, but last in June at 4 years old on 24K miles) that oils well( no pun intended) now..... looking on YouTube video there appears to be no way of draining oil apart from sucking it out ??? True/ False
Thanks in advance
PS was thinking using Titan Synth 0-20W from Opie Oils , good idea?
2014 V6s Roadster
Polaris White /Red Interior/Black Roof
20" Carbon Blades
Black Pack, + Every Option :D
Full REMUS Cat back system :lol:

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

There is a sump drain plug... so you can do both options
stucart

Post by stucart »

That’s USA videos for you!
In a way it actually makes some sense though saves trying get underneath without a ramp, do you know off hand if undertray has to be removed to access plug? Looked on eBay and oil suckers are about £30 so not too dear, might invest in one.
2014 V6s Roadster
Polaris White /Red Interior/Black Roof
20" Carbon Blades
Black Pack, + Every Option :D
Full REMUS Cat back system :lol:
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Do the job properly and drain it. Seems a poor option to leave dirty oil in and add new

Dealers drain it and use a new sump plug each time. They even video it when mine is serviced
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

cj10jeeper wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:04 am Do the job properly and drain it. Seems a poor option to leave dirty oil in and add new

Dealers drain it and use a new sump plug each time. They even video it when mine is serviced
Agreed - i've never understood taking the chance of leaving sludge and metal finings in the sump when draining it fully has always been the way.

I service my older cars and always buy a new magnetised sump plug and crush washer. I'm debating doing my F-Type over the winter as it hasn't done as many miles this year.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post