More Mods...

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

What i dont understand with the dae intake pipe is the price difference between the pipe (£390) on its own and the pipe and performance filter (£630).
So basically your paying £240 for 2 filters that fit in the oem airbox's, sounds like a lot to me.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp

Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

its basically another 684,00 for 2 cone filters and the bracket and 2 pieces of silicone coupling
imho the filter are prob around 25.00 each side (ramair filter or similar) maybe 10.00 for silicon coupling each side and 25.00 each side for bracket so 1074.00 is very expensive

for the other option you are paying 240.00 for a couple of prob k&n panel filters which can be bought seprately for 140.00 off the internet at most places.this is basically what happens when you have a fairly expensive car and limited tuners offering viable products
i personally wouldnt take a chance on the cone filters in case of water ingress
the k and n filters are only really worth doing if your car is due for a filter change as the difference is not ever going to be noticeable

David appleby are a top end tuner so as such charge top end prices...i would prob consider the panel filter and whine delete at some point unless mina gallery come up with something...as the whine delete is basically only silicon hose replacing the orig pipework

even the eventuri intake is daft expensive for what it is and i dont think thst even has the whine delete

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post