Bluetooth audio problem

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

So my iPhone 6s connects just fine for phone functions, but when I try it as Bluetooth audio connection for playing music I just get the message “audio device connecting failed”.
Tried all settings with no joy and unsure what I’m doing wrong, so a bit frustrating.
Car clearly connected to phone for phone use and phone shows connected to car!
Don’t need to log out of iCloud do I?
Any knowledgeable advice most welcome.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

Kdes

Post by Kdes »

You don’t say which entertainment system you have but on my 2016MY there are some ‘tick’ boxes on the Bluetooth menu to allow or disallow various types of Bluetooth connectivity. On mine allow phone and allow music are separate choices. Might be worth checking ?

Kev
Last edited by Kdes on Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Storm Grey V6 coupe 2016MY
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Good point Kev.

It’s a 2014 model so doesn’t have this selection option and nothing mentioned in the manual unfortunately.
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Trying not to state the obvious but once the phone is connected to your "hairdryer" via blootooth, have you checked the phone settings to make sure it's allowing phone and data type stuff?
:D
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Obvious statements also welcome Phil!

Yep, as far as I can see all is good - got mobile data for music turned on.

Only thing I see is Home Sharing not turned on, so done that too - whatever it is!
stepbar

Post by stepbar »

I have exactly the same problem on my 2013 XF. I can pair and use my Google Pixel 3XL without any problem - everything works fine as far as phone calls go: can answer calls and make new calls using the menu and the steering wheel buttons. I've never had an issue with it.

However, for the first time today I wanted to play audio over Bluetooth. When I went into the Bluetooth option, it said to connect device, so I clicked "Change Device", and the only device listed was my phone which was already paired and had a green tick beside it. Clicked on this, it thought about it for 3-4 seconds, then up popped a message "My music information: Audio device connecting failed with a musical note and a red X."

I've removed the phone from the car, removed the car from the phone, repaired (always checking "Audio" is selected on my phone when pairing).

Tried to pair from phone to car, then car to phone.

I've got lots of bluetooth devices and they all work with my phone.

I'm at my wit's end: I hate not being able to get something to work!!! Any ideas?
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

Try turning the volume up on the phone! Caught me out a few times.
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post