Exhaust Dilemma

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Chammers

Post by Chammers »

20190430_171908.jpg

I have just posted a picture on another thread title "Is this normal" and now seen this one. So I am attaching the photo here as well and asking if anyone knows whether or not this is a problem. My car is 2 years old and has done 7,700 miles.
F-Type 400 Sport Coupe, Indus Silver, Panoramic roof, Climate pack2, front parking aid, rearview camera

chicb

Post by chicb »

Can't imagine stuck/corroded exhaust valves causing that. Looks as though its running a very rich fuel mixture. What is the consumption like.
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
scm

Post by scm »

Chammers wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:39 pm 20190430_171908.jpgI have just posted a picture on another thread title "Is this normal" and now seen this one. So I am attaching the photo here as well ...
It's usually not a good idea to multiple post as you'll end up with answers in both places. Since you started a new thread for your problem, you should really have just stuck with that one.

Hope you get some useful answers anyway, wherever they appear! :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Chammers

Post by Chammers »

23.75MPG over 2 years. NB Real figures not what the car tells me!
F-Type 400 Sport Coupe, Indus Silver, Panoramic roof, Climate pack2, front parking aid, rearview camera
chicb

Post by chicb »

That mpg seems ok, but cant see how exhaust flap could cause it. After all when they are closed, they block off the secondary pipe so exhaust goes in one direction ie quiet & when open the gas goes in 2 directions ie noisy. Have you looked at the O2 sensor which could cause it running rich
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Chammers

Post by Chammers »

Excuse my ignorance.....O2 sensor??
chicb

Post by chicb »

Just a thought. Get a diagnostic done to identify the problem rather than trying a few different suggestions which it may or not be.
O2 Sensor:-
The oxygen sensor in your vehicle measures oxygen levels in the exhaust gases exiting the engine. This information is used by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to determine the correct air to fuel ratio for your engine in real time. The sensor is located in the exhaust system and allows the fuel injection and engine timing to work efficiently, which assists with emissions control. The oxygen sensor transmits the data to the vehicle’s PCM to maintain the optimal air to fuel ratio for your engine.
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

scm wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:26 pm It's usually not a good idea to multiple post as you'll end up with answers in both places. Since you started a new thread for your problem, you should really have just stuck with that one.
Agreed.
As you have had replies on this topic please run with this on here.
I've deleted the post on the other existing topic which hadn't had any responses.
chicb

Post by chicb »

As your car is only 2 years old it will not have had a MOT. The O2 sensor is checked by the emissions check during an MOT. Nip in to your local Mot garage & ask for emissions check
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

Injectors

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post