Charging system fault

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
steveo35

Post by steveo35 »

Hi all. Was driving the car today and out the blue “charging system fault” with red triangle appeared. Immage attached (hopefully). I drove thr car back home as was only a couple miles away. Stopped the car and started and suprise suprised the message has gone. Car had new battery in March this year due to a constant “low battery message”. Anyone else had this and was it intermittant. Not sure of to ring dealer or not?

Thanks
Steve

5192149C-4040-432A-BF97-078002036F48.jpeg

scm

Post by scm »

I don't want to alarm you and hopefully this isn't relevant to your issue but a lady on the US forum lost her car for months while her dealer sorted out the same message. It turned out to be a faulty wiring loom and required the entire loom to be replaced. Fingers crossed that yours is a one off and doesn't recur.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
steveo35

Post by steveo35 »

Knowing my luck so far with the two Ftypes ive had it will be something major. Looks like ot might be time to move the part exchange date forward.
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

When I had this message it turned out to be a faulty alternator. This is what I told the dealership when it was recovered and was confirmed by the AA. After 2 weeks and three visits to the dealers where they denyed it they caved in and changed it. All has since been well for 5 months. Also possible to be a faulty gateway module under the rear floor near the battery.
steveo35

Post by steveo35 »

did the error message aprear all the time on your car? Or was it intermittant. Soon as i turned car on and off it went on mine. But now im worried its intermittant.
philmayfield wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:21 am When I had this message it turned out to be a faulty alternator. This is what I told the dealership when it was recovered and was confirmed by the AA. After 2 weeks and three visits to the dealers where they denyed it they caved in and changed it. All has since been well for 5 months. Also possible to be a faulty gateway module under the rear floor near the battery.
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

Just had this happen.
17MY AWD V6S Coupé 19k miles.
Dealer confirmed oil seal leak above the alternator.
Leak to be fixed and new alternator under warranty. Will it happen again in another 19k miles?
17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post