Campaign SSM74031 X152 Under body brace corrosion

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
RAYV8S

Post by RAYV8S »

Hi ! Happy New Year to all on here !

Following my annual service in November last year I was informed that due to "very light peppering" of the cross braces new improved parts would be ordered and everything replaced free of charge without any quibble. This process simply followed on from the regular service without drama, query of any need for discussion.........all part of the service regime. I'm don't know how many owners out there are aware of the service bulletin that was distributed by Jaguar to all dealerships late last year but essentially it instructs that these are to be changed without quibble if they exhibit any signs of corrosion. Certainly in my case the sub frame itself was thoroughly cleaned down and together with the improved parts incorporating a nickel zinc coating everything was thoroughly and copiously waxoyled together with a further inspection of the underside as a precaution. As usual the work performed by my dealership, Harwoods of Chichester, was to an exemplary standard and carried out in full on New Years Eve. I understand that despite the service bulletin some lesser dealerships are still resisting the replacement strategy for reasons which are beyond comprehension; if you are experiencing this you could do worse than contact Harwoods of Chichester and discuss them dealing with the problem for you. Kind regards, Ray

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1621.JPG

IMG_1619.JPG

scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi RAYV8S
May I ask, is your car;
Still under manufacturers new car warranty / extended warranty?
Under 2 year used approved warranty?
Out of warranty and it's just a jolly good dealer?
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Shaun123

Post by Shaun123 »

My braces are showing signs of corrosion,, I had the whole exhaust replaced under warranty after 2 years because of spots of corrosion on the chrome tail pipes
SVR with lots of Carbon and Graphic pack
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Shaun123. Where abouts do you live ? Lots of salt on the roads, or vertiliser from farming ?
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Just merged this one with the original topic.
SESH

Post by SESH »

Complained about this to my main dealer last year when car was in for service. They said that the corrosion wasn't severe enough and wouldn't be covered under warranty. So I had all the rear under braces cleaned up and painted over with hammerite. So obviously it won't be showing any signs of corrosion now. Does anyone think that I can get these replaced under warranty now that Jaguar have admitted that there is a problem?
Thanks
Mike
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1966 Corvette Stingray Big Block
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016
Shaun123

Post by Shaun123 »

I live down South, I did quite a few winter motorway miles, I should restate it was just the back box with the tail pipes that was replaced, car was serviced over xmas '18 and no mention about the brace corrosion replacement,, I did suggest the corrosion was not right last summer before a tyre change but this was dismissed as being normal, my 12 year old Audi A4 Quattro still looks mint underneath.....
swp1

Post by swp1 »

I mentioned the article to my dealer that Kaspa kindly posted earlier in this thread and they replaced (under warranty) all the braces without question earlier this week. They also cleaned and painted the subframe.
MY15 R AWD Convertible in Black
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

Shaun123 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:24 am I live down South, I did quite a few winter motorway miles, I should restate it was just the back box with the tail pipes that was replaced, car was serviced over xmas '18 and no mention about the brace corrosion replacement,, I did suggest the corrosion was not right last summer before a tyre change but this was dismissed as being normal, my 12 year old Audi A4 Quattro still looks mint underneath.....
I'm south coast, which dealer replaced the back box?
(Bought from one dealer but now use another because of problems.)
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
Shaun123

Post by Shaun123 »

InchCape Southampton, they have moved to Wide lane now

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post