Campaign SSM74031 X152 Under body brace corrosion

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

jgaxkr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:43 pm I suggest one of you in the UK contact your dealer & ask about the SSM. Please let us know the response you get. As I said as of yesterday it is not on Topix. Having worked @ a Jaguar dealer for over 40 years if someone referenced something they found on the internet we would always ask for a copy of what they read. As the owner of a 2015 R I am very interested in seeing a copy of this bulletin.
A Uk member posted a screen shot of it being on TOPIX at 9.20am this morning.
I'm sure dealers would ask for a copy of things off the internet but this is a Jaguar document and in my experience the service dept I use is more than happy to have the SSM reference as a heads up for the fault I think it could be a fix for.
In many cases the knowledge on forums such as this have proven time and time again to be superior to a lot of service depts.
There are numerous threads on other forums of owners being fobbed off with faults until they show the SSM reference when the issue actually gets fixed.
If you aren't satisfied with the details that have been posted on here then the only thing I can suggest is paying your money for an hour's access on TOPIX to see the document for yourself.

Seacourt

Post by Seacourt »

I asked the dealer to look at this bulletin when my 2013 F Type went in for a new exhaust rear box and mid section (another warranty wrangle with Jaguar Land Rover!) yesterday.

Anyhow, despite drawing this to their attention on previous occasions (within the last 12 months) when the car has been in for service and having the dealer confirm in writing on the service report that the corrosion was only on the surface and not structural, guess what.. When I mention to them to check my car for this and quoted the SSM No, low and behold all 3 braces suddenly need replacing... And yes the warranty won't cover it.. what a surprise.

So after spending weeks chasing JLR for a update on my exhaust replacement (finally came to a 50/50 settlement) it looks like I am going to have to do it all again!!! Not impressed..

Seacourt.
F Type V6S Convertible 2013.
West London.
Arne

Post by Arne »

I had my car in for a diff seal leak this summer (seal replacement), and my mechanic sent me these pictures.

received_10212562032942114.jpeg

However I did do an "anti corotion" treatment two years ago, which seems to be a wise move 🙂

received_10212532606526472.jpeg

F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Just for the record my F Type is fine

but Jaguar has now responded to owners who do have the issues, Finally responding to customers complaining about corrosion appearing in the under body brace areas of the F Types Jaguar admit this is down to insufficient zinc nickle plating on current components.

New specification parts are now available from Dealers ... note to Jaguar dealers in their own words
If any of the rear under body braces are exhibiting red rust corrosion, then replace them with the new part numbers that are now available.

this is good news
Deleted User 1088

Full details are in the Jan 2019 Vol 35 no.1 Jaguar Enthusiast magazine
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

Is this a retrospective response? In other words, all those with cars out of warranty, will Jaguar replace the parts FOC?
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
Seacourt

Post by Seacourt »

Not in my experience. After being told a year ago that this rust wasn’t structural by the dealer, when i ask him to check it out using the latest SSM on the topic at a recent service a week or so ago, guess what....it is a problem and all three braces need to be replaced... but as normal the warranty doesn’t cover this so i have to back to JLR customer service and beg for some more “goodwill”.... not impressed..

Seacourt.
F Type V6S Convertible 2013.
West London.
Deleted User 1088

Hello

I have the new part numbers and checked today that all cars covered under warranty will be covered ... but not sure about a extended warranty though ?

But for sure the 3 years full manufacturers warranty you should be covered .. also I know it does not help all owners buts that parts are not that expensive and are bolt on easy replacements, so at least we have a option.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Kaspa, untill which MY is this relevant ? All produced cars sofar ?
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

Ok so is it an issue with 2018 cars as mine is or would I need the New specification parts
Caledra Red 2018 2.0 R Dynamic
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
305/25/21 rears 265/30/21 fronts
Maxton design rear lip spoiler & rear diffuser splitters
Rear box delete, twin straight pipes fitted

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post