Campaign SSM74031 X152 Under body brace corrosion

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

If anyone can get a copy of the TSB and supply a link to it or copy that would help. Similar to what Tel was able to do with the window glass and seals.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

JurassicF wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:57 am If anyone can get a copy of the TSB and supply a link to it or copy that would help. Similar to what Tel was able to do with the window glass and seals.
"Dassalt" has posted the details on page one of this topic.
Dassalt wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:35 pm I have had mine replaced by Jaguar, albeit after many many months of constantly pushing them for action.

Details of the content of SSM74031 as follows:-

Issue: A customer may complain of corrosion appearing on the Under-body braces.

Cause: Insufficient Zinc-Nickel plating on current components.

New spec parts include a Zinc-Nickel plated layer between paint protection and the metal substrate which provides a greater level of corrosion protection for exposed Under Body steel components, including protection against stone chipping and other environmental impacts due to Zinc-Nickel hardness properties.

Action: If any of the Rear Under body braces are exhibiting red rust corrosion, replace them with the new part number as listed below, and submit an EPQR with photo’s attached of the concern and quoting this SSM.

It is interesting when it talks about "Insufficient Zinc-Nickel plating" given the rust on mine it would appear that the ZN plating on my original parts was none existent.
Bobster67

Post by Bobster67 »

Just adding my tuppence worth to this thread. I spoke to my local dealer about the corrosion on the underside of my 2013 F Type and they suggested that I contact Jaguar Customer Care. Having read a number of articles suggesting that Jaguar were basically putting their head in the sand where this issue is concerned I was pretty much resigned to having to live with the car as it is. To my surprise Jaguar Customer Care could not have been better. That very quickly spoke to the dealer and confirmed that they would replace the required parts as a good will gesture. Car is now booked in for the work to be carried out and should all be done and dusted before xmas.

For what it is worth, the service so far from Jaguar has been absolutely superb, no complaints whatsoever ever.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Great

that is good news ... :)
jgaxkr

Post by jgaxkr »

I just had someone check Topix & that bulletin is not valid.
Kdes

Post by Kdes »

Can you elaborate on why it’s not valid please?
Storm Grey V6 coupe 2016MY
jgaxkr

Post by jgaxkr »

I am being told it appears the bulletin has been removed. They said it probably will be reissued at some point.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

It is still an active service message on Topix. SSM74031

Screenshot_20181210-204122.jpg

400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
jgaxkr

Post by jgaxkr »

We were on the US site. That may be why it does not appear. Do you have the ability to copy the bulletin?
scm

Post by scm »

It's been posted twice in this thread!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post