Campaign SSM74031 X152 Under body brace corrosion

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi, the special service message is on the US Topix site as well so unsure where you are checking.

Unfortunately I don't have an account to read the content. It is paid for access.

Screenshot_20181210-215504.jpg

I have posted before about this topic asking if anyone could actually post the entire pdf download. I was also tempted to buy a day and download the entire site and mirror Topix on this website and lots of queries such as this, headlight condensation, brake judder, loose parcel shelves all have Topix articles.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

Nick

Post by Nick »

Wonder if the bulletins for US cars would be relevant to UK ones? JLR May say they are not?

No idea how to mirror the information from the US site, be willing to email (PayPal) a contribution, I would imagine others would also, no reason for one person to pay all, call it a community fund.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Seacourt

Post by Seacourt »

I've been on to the UK site and it is listed here as a bulletin.

Thus

Screenshot 2018-12-11 at 09.18.08.png

It will cost £16.50 if you want to view it for an hour...

Seacourt
F Type V6S Convertible 2013.
West London.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

scm wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:58 pm It's been posted twice in this thread!
I'm just wondering if it's kind of invisible somehow ?
:D
For the THIRD time.
If you want to pay to have the download then fine but I think what is written here is enough to slam on the service dept desk.

Details of the content of SSM74031 as follows:-

"Issue: A customer may complain of corrosion appearing on the Under-body braces.

Cause: Insufficient Zinc-Nickel plating on current components.

New spec parts include a Zinc-Nickel plated layer between paint protection and the metal substrate which provides a greater level of corrosion protection for exposed Under Body steel components, including protection against stone chipping and other environmental impacts due to Zinc-Nickel hardness properties.

Action: If any of the Rear Under body braces are exhibiting red rust corrosion, replace them with the new part number as listed below, and submit an EPQR with photo’s attached of the concern and quoting this SSM."
chicb

Post by chicb »

PhilB, don't think they believe you, :o better send Dennis the menace to sort them out :lol: Unless they can find it, it does not exist :!:
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

chicb wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:42 am PhilB, don't think they believe you, :o better send Dennis the menace to sort them out :lol: Unless they can find it, it does not exist :!:
:lol: :lol:
I did it in blue this time so maybe someone will notice it and read it .......................

latest.gif

jgaxkr

Post by jgaxkr »

The problem is as of yesterday it was not on the US or UK versions of Topix. I had Cambo also check as well & said it was not up.

Do you have the rest of the bulletin? It will contain part numbers & fitting instructions. You have just posted what the bulletin addresses not the whole bulletin.
chicb

Post by chicb »

And your inside leg measurement :lol:
Why do you need part numbers & fitting instructions. Phil's document is all you need to take to the service department as he has already stated.
I imagine even they should be able to find the part number & only a wild guess but they should know how to fit it :o
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

chicb wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:31 pm Phil's document is all you need to take to the service department as he has already stated.
I imagine even they should be able to find the part number & only a wild guess but they should know how to fit it :o
It was "Dassalt" that found the content so I can't claim any credit.
But as you say, the service dept will look up the SSM on their system when you quote it.
Having the info in advance is to give them a nudge in the right direction as in my experience some of the "service receptionists" aren't particularly knowledgeable.
:D
jgaxkr

Post by jgaxkr »

I suggest one of you in the UK contact your dealer & ask about the SSM. Please let us know the response you get. As I said as of yesterday it is not on Topix. Having worked @ a Jaguar dealer for over 40 years if someone referenced something they found on the internet we would always ask for a copy of what they read. As the owner of a 2015 R I am very interested in seeing a copy of this bulletin.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post