Campaign SSM74031 X152 Under body brace corrosion

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
SESH

Post by SESH »

Update on my cross braces. All replaced under warranty yesterday. Although bulletin now removed from Topix, the main dealer spoke with Jaguar and explained that the inspection had been done in April and that they had forgotten to send the photos over to Jaguar at that time. All agreed with Jaguar, booked into dealership and completed.
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1966 Corvette Stingray Big Block
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016

Paul_59

Post by Paul_59 »

dbv6s wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:37 pm Out of curiosity has anyone had this changed when they were outside of warranty?

I have a 14 plate, 10k miles, original owner garages and used in the summer.
Doesn’t need a service for another 8 months, I’m using as a daily so keen to get it looked at
I have a 15 plate 2016 .model, it's out of warranty as its four years old.

I intend contacting Jaguar customer care to request they authorise parts replacement and labour free as a goodwill gesture .

Hopefully a reputable company will respond appropriately, without any need for mention of potentially damaging legal action.

Hint manufacturers warranty is protection given by manufacturers in addition to consumer legal protection which obviously varies according to country of residence.

In UK consumer protection legislation states amongst other things that goods must be of merchantable quality and fit for purpose intended.

Fairly sure that the fact that Jaguar enthusiast club magazine published details of the issue and Jaguar stated intention to rectify this defect and the now vanished SSM
bulletin would constitute evidence of the acceptance that such vehicles that possessed this defect were not of merchantable quality and thus liable to rectification.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Paul_59 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:14 pm
I have a 15 plate 2016 .model, it's out of warranty as its four years old.

I intend contacting Jaguar customer care to request they authorise parts replacement and labour free as a goodwill gesture .

Hopefully a reputable company will respond appropriately, without any need for mention of potentially damaging legal action.

Hint manufacturers warranty is protection given by manufacturers in addition to consumer legal protection which obviously varies according to country of residence.

In UK consumer protection legislation states amongst other things that goods must be of merchantable quality and fit for purpose intended.

Fairly sure that the fact that Jaguar enthusiast club magazine published details of the issue and Jaguar stated intention to rectify this defect and the now vanished SSM
bulletin would constitute evidence of the acceptance that such vehicles that possessed this defect were not of merchantable quality and thus liable to rectification.
Have you spoken to your dealer about this before getting out the heavy artillery ?
It might be worth giving it a try and see if they can do anything for you.
They would be the best contact with Jaguar to see if it can be done free or as a goodwill gesture in the first instance.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Agree with PhilB.
Have a friendly talk to your dealer first. JLR will need photographic evidence from a dealer as part of the process of approving the work anyway so best to have them working the case for you.
Mine is the same MY as yours and has just been done without resorting to any "strong" discussion with Jaguar Customer Care.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

Gents for info the bulletin has indeed now been closed off the Jaguar system as advised by my service department in my local dealer. Although it’s minor corrosion I’m not a happy bunny and don’t expect this with an 18 month old car! Will try and see if I can get anywhere with my purchase dealer. :oops:
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

KK3960 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:18 pm Gents for info the bulletin has indeed now been closed off the Jaguar system as advised by my service department in my local dealer. Although it’s minor corrosion I’m not a happy bunny and don’t expect this with an 18 month old car! Will try and see if I can get anywhere with my purchase dealer. :oops:
The fact the bulletin is off the system doesn't really mean anything.
Your car is under warranty.
It has a defect, they fix it.
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

Well as it happens I did ask the purchase dealer to take some photos in Jan when I bought the car with the intent to chase the bulletin claim up at a later date. Since then the campaign has ceased. I’m going to see where we go from here, it’s poor for Jaguar to close off this campaign, especially after it’s already been recognised. Not a good start to my Jaguar ownership or future client retention!
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

They are still doing the work, it's just not under the SSM.
Get your dealer to submit the application form to JLR with photos.
Mine has just been done after the SSM was withdrawn, no issue.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

That’s promising news, could you please pm me your dealer details incase I get any resistance from my purchasing dealer. Picking car up tomorrow from the Stockport JLR franchise, they have been less than cooperative and seem to concentrate on the Range Rover Trade. My purchasing dealer has been advised of the situation, sadly they are half way down the country from me, I’m hoping it still can be sorted, still have 2 years full Jag warranty so will call upon this if required.
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

For future reference, my case has hopefully now been resolved I’m pleased to say under the cars initial warranty period after being raised via the dealer with the Jaguar claims hub. I’ve started to regain faith and confidence in the Manufacturer.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post