Campaign SSM74031 X152 Under body brace corrosion

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
daveyc86

Post by daveyc86 »

This is utterly bonkers - not sure what JLR are thinking here. Going public on an issue then just sweeping it under the carpet after a couple of months and pretending it never happened. Another reason Jag will never get a seat at the grown up table with the three German's. Very silly.

Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

typical of manufacturers
use sub standard materials and have a limited time own up then panic when people want things that should never have been done put right
SHODDY and disregard for your customers and basically saying tough titty suckers we used cheap shit materials and told you you were buying a high end prestige car :evil: :evil: :evil:
my 2013 has done only 15000 mostly dry miles but had it been a all weather car wld need the braces doing and to have this level of corrosion in this day and age is beyond a joke
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Gasman2 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:54 am typical of manufacturers
use sub standard materials and have a limited time own up then panic when people want things that should never have been done put right
SHODDY and disregard for your customers and basically saying tough titty suckers we used cheap shit materials and told you you were buying a high end prestige car :evil: :evil: :evil:
my 2013 has done only 15000 mostly dry miles but had it been a all weather car wld need the braces doing and to have this level of corrosion in this day and age is beyond a joke
Mine spends the winter either in Southern Spain or in a demidified Carcoon and almost never driven in the rain. Still the cross member is rusty just from general atmospheric conditions. What salty winter driven cars must look like!
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
RRB

Post by RRB »

Asked to have mine checked at the last service, car has done just over 8k miles....yep all ok was the reply from Pentland Jaguars new dealership in Dundee.

New tyres a few days later so I had a look while it was up in the air....looks rusty to me...many photos in an email to Pentland gets a resulting phone call that the technical manager says its just surface corrosion.

Email to JLR customer services (and a named contact from a previous issue) with photos....yes they should be changed under the campaign....

Beware folks
2017 Black 400s convertible :D
JohnG123

Post by JohnG123 »

I had mine done at Jaguar in Stockport in April just 2 days before the original 3 year warranty expired.
No arguments or excuses they just changed all of them....
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Out of curiosity has anyone had this changed when they were outside of warranty?

I have a 14 plate, 10k miles, original owner garages and used in the summer.
Doesn’t need a service for another 8 months, I’m using as a daily so keen to get it looked at
AngieR

Post by AngieR »

Mine was replaced a month ago. A 2014 with extended warranty. The dealer submitted photographs to Jaguar and they agreed almost immediatelyto replace.
P300 R Dynamic - 2021
British Racing Green Metallic
Pano Roof
20" Wheels Dark Grey Diamond Turned Finish.
Lots of extras.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

I am remaining positive as JLR have instructed the dealer to submit the appropriate forms, which were completed after a few questions.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Yousif

Post by Yousif »

My cross braces were changed but only after an exchange with my dealer. They had agreed to the work when I took the vehicle in for service in March (still just under warranty), entered it on their system and then rebooked for April when they would have the part. Came in in April and they hadn't ordered the part. Rebooked for early June once they told me they had the part and then they said the bulletin on this item had been withdrawn by Jaguar so it would cost me £1000 if I wanted the work done. I argued the bulletin was out when they originally agreed to do the work and they eventually came back and said they would do the work from their "goodwill" programme. TBH the braces were only lightly, surface corroded but its a keeper and I don't want problems later.
F Type 3.0V6 auto, Caldera Red, 20" Turbines, parking, visibility packs, heated steering, seats, keyless entry, folding mirrors, red seat belts.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Anyone know how much the braces cost as parts? Can do the work myself
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post