Campaign SSM74031 X152 Under body brace corrosion

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Cats

Post by Cats »

I was in the process of buying a V8R from Devon. I understand from the Jaguar dealer that the 2 year warranty is being withdrawn at the end of August. The car is a 2016 model and spent its life by the sea but only done 5k miles. Full of option and a cracking looking motor.
It has missed its second service due to low mileage (worrying) but with the rust issue being noted (I hadn't looked underneath as wasn't aware of this issue) I have now decided to walk away. Thank heavens for forums like these!
Rhodium Silver F Type SVR Coupe 2016 now gone sadly
Ultra Blue F Pace SVR 2022

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Cats wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:14 am I was in the process of buying a V8R from Devon. I understand from the Jaguar dealer that the 2 year warranty is being withdrawn at the end of August. The car is a 2016 model and spent its life by the sea but only done 5k miles. Full of option and a cracking looking motor.
It has missed its second service due to low mileage (worrying) but with the rust issue being noted (I hadn't looked underneath as wasn't aware of this issue) I have now decided to walk away. Thank heavens for forums like these!
Interesting they mentioned the 2yr approved warranty being withdrawn at the end of the month. I haven't heard about this. I wonder if that was a Porkie pie to try and tempt you to buy now.

Anyway for history checks and such like on any future purchase then feel free to PM me a reg.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Sounds like a Porky to me. For any JLR main dealer to sell used cars, they are going to have to match all other main dealers with 2 year warranties. Porsche, BMW, Audi plus almost every other manufacturer offer 2 year used car warranties.

If it's the same car, I also have looked at that V8, maybe worth just asking them to put the car up on ramps so you can view the cross braces. Also if they give you a warranty I wouldn't be so concerned about the service missed.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

My car was taken in by Pentland Edinburgh, for inspection yesterday after I sent some photos of the under body frame showing clearly visible red rust corrosion. I was expecting that some negotiation and persuasion might be needed but was surprised when they called at 4 o’clock to say that they had replaced the parts with new parts under warranty !
If you haven’t already done it, I’d have a good look under your car and if there’s corrosion on the sub frame talk to your dealer. Jaguar are clearly still agreeing to replace them under warranty 🤙
MY 2018 red convertible 380 R dynamic, black pack, red seatbelts, heated flat bottomed steering wheel, rear camera and front park aids, 20’ wheels
Deleted User 1794

Post by Deleted User 1794 »

pleased to report that i’ve had all mine changed today.
bit of a long story so won’t bore you all with it, but suffice to say that having twisted arms at the dealership and JLR they agreed to meet all the costs bar £200. Given cars age and that the campaign is closed I feel that was agreeable, job done and feel a lot happier about my little cat.
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

What year is your car?
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Had Jaguar check mine today for corrosion and they said very minor surface rust on one brace not connected to the suspension and was fine. They said no need to do anything else.

Initial three year warranty up in March so will get them to check again before that and then have the argument if I need to
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

ayrejc wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:37 am Had Jaguar check mine today for corrosion and they said very minor surface rust on one brace not connected to the suspension and was fine. They said no need to do anything else.

Initial three year warranty up in March so will get them to check again before that and then have the argument if I need to
My MY18 400 sport had it's brace replaced in May. No questions asked but had to wait 6 weeks for parts. So definitely get it double checked in March.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

MY18 - replaced rear braces in August this year, no questions asked 🤙
MY 2018 red convertible 380 R dynamic, black pack, red seatbelts, heated flat bottomed steering wheel, rear camera and front park aids, 20’ wheels
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Poked my head under my new (to me) 2013 V6S and some mild surface corrosion going on.

Was planning to remove them and getting them powder coated in satin black. Is this easy enough? Anyone done this? Assume exhaust doesn't need removed?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post