Uneven / lumpy idle now eml on?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
stucart

Post by stucart »

Chammers.
Apparently my indie didn't have any problems removing my duff injector so hopefully yours will come out easily also.
Keep us informed on the outcome.
2014 V6s Roadster
Polaris White /Red Interior/Black Roof
20" Carbon Blades
Black Pack, + Every Option :D
Full REMUS Cat back system :lol:

Chammers

Post by Chammers »

My car is now in it's 18th day in the garage and still has problems, I don't understand all this stuff so can only repeat what I think I have been told - the computer initially suggested a problem with cylinder 4, the injector was subsequently replaced. That did not fix the issue and the computer is now indicating failures on 2 other cylinders. My local jaguar dealer has sought the opinions of higher powers at the factory. They suggested that all the electrical connections were checked - this was done, but still a problem. The issue has now been addressed back to the factory and their latest advice is awaited. I Hope this makes sense, it is just my interpretation of what I have been told?
F-Type 400 Sport Coupe, Indus Silver, Panoramic roof, Climate pack2, front parking aid, rearview camera
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Are you the guy I saw at squires café Leeds a few months ago. If not then the same happened to his V6 & sure he said all injectors were changed.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Chammers

Post by Chammers »

steviegtr wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:22 pm Are you the guy I saw at squires café Leeds a few months ago. If not then the same happened to his V6 & sure he said all injectors were changed.
No, I'm not - hope that isn't my problem!
F-Type 400 Sport Coupe, Indus Silver, Panoramic roof, Climate pack2, front parking aid, rearview camera
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

My experience to date...

Injector 1 failed open about 2 years ago.
Injectors 4 & 5 were stuck in the head when the engine was replaced under warranty recently, due to a thrown shell bearing, so had to be replaced.
Injector 2 failed open 5 days after getting the car back with the new engine.
Injector 3 replaced at same time as hairline crack noticed.

Currently considering if to get injector 6 replaced!!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

Some folks on the US forum swear by an annual dose of BG44K to keep the injectors clean.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post