Uneven / lumpy idle now eml on?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
stucart

Post by stucart »

Bit of back story, (hopefully not related) had Remus CAT back exhaust fitted to my V6 S , initially no problems, now 100 miles down the road so to speak noticed idle rough especially when idling say in traffic in D, sometimes it appears fine, now today EML has appeared ,
( not flashing so according to HB it’s emission fault and safe to drive but may notice reduced performance.)
Checked vacuum pipes it exhaust valves they’re ok so no leak there.
Any ideas.?
Going get it OBD read by mate.
2014 V6s Roadster
Polaris White /Red Interior/Black Roof
20" Carbon Blades
Black Pack, + Every Option :D
Full REMUS Cat back system :lol:

stucart

Post by stucart »

Diagnosis is misfire on one cyl, coil pack going be changed so left it with indie to sort it. Relief.
2014 V6s Roadster
20" Carbon Blades
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Better than if it was an injector gone then!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
probbins2000

Post by probbins2000 »

glad you have found the issue. nice one
V6 Coupe British Racing Green
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

Lumpy idle, EML with recorded misfires were injectors on mine - is one exhaust pipe much more sooty than other?
stucart

Post by stucart »

Well i'm only going on what Tech says after looking at diagnostic print out, did seem to be kicking out some soot but both pipes when he revved it??
I'll have wait see what outcome is as i've left it with them. Were the injectors expensive or was it warrantied???
2014 V6s Roadster
20" Carbon Blades
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Mine was under warranty - just lapsed from new to Approved Used. They were a bit coy about confirming exactly what had and hadn't been replaced as a result of the injector failing open, but it came back with some shiny new pipes too.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

stucart wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:51 pm Well i'm only going on what Tech says after looking at diagnostic print out, did seem to be kicking out some soot but both pipes when he revved it??
I'll have wait see what outcome is as i've left it with them. Were the injectors expensive or was it warrantied???
On my current car they covered a full set under 2yr approved used warranty, was told £180ish each. Apparently 5 were not right after using oscilloscope. Service from dealer was superb, I was fully expecting a battle!!!

I did also buy a used f type before my current car and it was up for sale with eml on. Stupidly I agreed to buy on basis they would fix, they said it would be coil funnily enough. 6 weeks later waiting for car it turned out it was faulty injector and stuck in head, so had to have a new cylinder head. Finally collected car and within days it broke down and had injector in other cylinder fail. In end I rejected car and received refund

In my experience the Injectors are a problem. I really hope it is the coil in your car
stucart

Post by stucart »

Are these injectors made of chocolate or cheese then?
I never picked up on that being a weak point when doing research before decided on the V6S
Surely they’re fitted to all JLR petrol models, or is it forum phobia, I.e. no one posts my cars running fine, injectors lovely. 😀
2014 V6s Roadster
20" Carbon Blades
scm

Post by scm »

I never had problems with injectors in any of my previous Jaguars (2001 XK8, 2004 4.2 XKR, 2010 5.0 XKR). Or any other issues, really, they were all very reliable. Hoping my F-Type continues the trend .... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post