Remote Sleep Mode

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
scm

Post by scm »

According to the Remote app, my vehicle will go into sleep mode after 4 days, after which time the car will not be remotely contactable. However, I last used my cat at 10pm Friday and here we are at 4pm Sunday and the car isn't contactable! WTF?

I know I can set a wakeup time, but of course, I have to be able to contact the car to do it. I don't leave the car alone for more than 3 days, but do often leave it 2, and it'd be nice in this weather to be able to start the damn thing remotely to warm it up.

Anyone else experienced this?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Fez

Post by Fez »

I am not sure but the car needs a phone signal to be contacted. I have a couple of vehicles that will not talk to web if parked in the garage. Have you tried to remote start? My Car was asleep for months I unlocked it and it made contact with app straight away.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
scm

Post by scm »

It may be the unlocking that does it. I can't remote start it when it's not contactable - that's how I first discovered it, went to start it one cold Monday morning (after sitting idle Saturday and Sunday) and it didn't want to know. Once in, everything works fine. Until then next time.

I just tried unlocking it with the fob and it's awake! That'll be my workaround then, thanks for your help.
scm

Post by scm »

Another update: although it contacted the car when I unlocked it, it wouldn't remote start half an hour later. Seems you have to drive the car to get things booted up completely. I have noticed I also get an "SOS System not available" when I start the car after it's been sitting idle for a few days. Goes away when I use the car frequently - I guess it's the F-Type's way of encouraging me to drive it! :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post