Worn "P" park button

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Hello everyone,

Has anyone changed the button on the end of their knob yet?

I assume you have to remove the trigger surround and the sides of the centre console and then take the trigger out and apart.

Is it an easy job or would I be better off just living with it as it is?

A part number would be handy - pretty sure the style / font was changed at some point but not too bothered which style I fit.

I'm guessing maybe the first owner liked to manually change gear with his hand over the trigger - like in the Lana Del Rey F-Type launch video - although I've never really understood how taking one hand off the wheel is a better way to drive.

Thanks.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

AsifG

Post by AsifG »

Funnily enough this was discussed on the F-Type Facebook group today.

Credit to Jeff Royle:

part number LR086213 from Dealer

"I used a small knife a gently lever the old one out by inserting the knife above, not below, the P. Popped out and new one in. Done"
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Ah ok - I don't do Faceplant.

That's great information and much appreciated - many thanks!
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
daveyc86

Post by daveyc86 »

Yep - had mine replaced under warranty. It's a very cheap part and a very quick job.
pilotpete

Post by pilotpete »

I ordered my new button from 'Britcar' and it cost £7.90 inc P & P. I gave it a few coats of clearcoat before fitting so it will last longer !
F-type V6
Ferrari 355 replica, 3.5L V6
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I paid £5.51 posted to me from Land Rover parts counter - for my Range Rover Sport :lol:

Very simple to prise out and pop the new one in - good idea to give it a clear coat though.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

You were lucky
Top of mine was worn by previous owner and leather marked. Is iirc £500+ for complete shifter.
Sourced a brand new one on eBay from LR dealer and fitted myself. £90 , but a big job to fit...
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post