Removal or panel containing rear speakers.

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
chicb

Post by chicb »

Stu, Nip in to your main dealer & have a word with the Service advisor or even a Jaguar approved body shop. The worst that can happen is they tell you to get lost, :lol: but I doubt that
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S

stucart

Post by stucart »

Thanks i'll give that a go when can find time perhaps if nothing comes via online.
2014 V6s Roadster
Polaris White /Red Interior/Black Roof
20" Carbon Blades
Black Pack, + Every Option :D
Full REMUS Cat back system :lol:
Spooks

Post by Spooks »

I would also like to remove this panel to check the antenna connections. I have a roadster also, perhaps the rollover bar trims have to come off.
2020 F Type, Ultimate Black (Santorini) convertible. R Dynamic 3.0 RWD. Extended Winsor Ebony Leather pack. Spooky private plate. 20in wheels.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Spooks wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:37 pm I would also like to remove this panel to check the antenna connections. I have a roadster also, perhaps the rollover bar trims have to come off.
The antennas are in the boot lid behind the trim, but hopefully this is the guide to removal of rear passenger compartment trims to get at the seatbelts and other electronics. This is for a 2020 convertible but was written in 2013 so probably not changed much.
seatbelt removal.pdf
(351.05 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Spooks

Post by Spooks »

Thank you, very helpful. The main dealer said that the antenna was between the seats, behind the rear panel. The "Limited SOS Function" warning is still showing. I thought I would check to see if the antenna had been replaced correctly.
It was supposed to have had a new antenna and module battery. I can see they have been in the centre seat area because the clips are now broken and the panel flaps around at the bottom.
I will have a look behind the boot lid trim (it is a roadster). I suspect they have not removed it previously, as it has not fallen into the boot yet.
The engine was left running so long in the workshop, the supercharger pressure control valve stuck open. I was given a normally aspirated engine back after the so called repair. I freed off the valve and now it feels OK.
I can now see why head gaskets can be an issue after a dealer visit. Why is the engine left running so long?
If I cannot find a capable dealer in the Lincoln area I am sorry it will have to go. I am used to Audi products and service.
2020 F Type, Ultimate Black (Santorini) convertible. R Dynamic 3.0 RWD. Extended Winsor Ebony Leather pack. Spooky private plate. 20in wheels.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Spooks wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:42 am Thank you, very helpful. The main dealer said that the antenna was between the seats, behind the rear panel. The "Limited SOS Function" warning is still showing. I thought I would check to see if the antenna had been replaced correctly.
It was supposed to have had a new antenna and module battery. I can see they have been in the centre seat area because the clips are now broken and the panel flaps around at the bottom.
I will have a look behind the boot lid trim (it is a roadster). I suspect they have not removed it previously, as it has not fallen into the boot yet.
The engine was left running so long in the workshop, the supercharger pressure control valve stuck open. I was given a normally aspirated engine back after the so called repair. I freed off the valve and now it feels OK.
I can now see why head gaskets can be an issue after a dealer visit. Why is the engine left running so long?
If I cannot find a capable dealer in the Lincoln area I am sorry it will have to go. I am used to Audi products and service.
Only the radio fm and dab antennas are in the boot lid, not sure where the SOS antenna is so it may well be behind the centre trim.

ED8B9D02-748F-450D-A170-E14C28E2AE95.jpeg

Spooks

Post by Spooks »

Thanks for the update, at least I don't have to destroy all the plastic trim studs.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post