Weeping Diff

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
scm

Post by scm »

JurassicF wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:22 pm Good news, but poor planning getting you into a BMW rather than a Jaguar!
A cunning ploy to make you realise how good the Jag is. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

😂😂
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

When I had a breakdown I got a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. Quite bizzare but was just grateful to be mobile and ended up quite liking it!
davidd

Post by davidd »

I got it back last night. Unfortunately it seems I am not allowed to speak to a technician, however the chap on the service desk said they had replaced the seals, bolts and clamps. It's been test driven and is fine.

I took it easy on the way home, it seems ok to me, no odd noises. It's in the garage for the weekend so we'll see if there is a puddle of oil under it on Monday morning.

The gave me an epace p250 whilst it was in. Really liked it but by jove it drank fuel, I mentioned it when I handed it back.. Their reply was 'we have a p300, we can't get 20mpg out of it' ;)

D
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

AsifG wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:02 pm
JurassicF wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:22 pm Good news, but poor planning getting you into a BMW rather than a Jaguar!
It's a Thrifty Hire car. No courtesy cars were available and their priority was to get me into any car rather than be without one, which is fine by me tbh.

They said they are replacing the seal rather than the diff. Mine isn't noisy so assuming they don't overtighten it I should be fine!
The way this was explained to me is that Thrifty have a national agreement with JLR. Lots of Jaguars and LR are floating around the country at dealerships and generally they find a suitable one and deliver it. When my Evoque went in I got a new Disco HSE from a random dealer delivered
If one is not available you get something from the Thrifty rental fleet.
It works well as imagine the issue as is normal rhatball courtesy cars are out or your dealer has to sacrifice a demo car for possibly weeks
Anyway a courtesy car is a car whatever badge it has and sounds like the diff is fixed
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

davidd wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:04 pm I got it back last night. Unfortunately it seems I am not allowed to speak to a technician, however the chap on the service desk said they had replaced the seals, bolts and clamps. It's been test driven and is fine.

I took it easy on the way home, it seems ok to me, no odd noises. It's in the garage for the weekend so we'll see if there is a puddle of oil under it on Monday morning.

The gave me an epace p250 whilst it was in. Really liked it but by jove it drank fuel, I mentioned it when I handed it back.. Their reply was 'we have a p300, we can't get 20mpg out of it' ;)

D
Great news hope all is now well. You would have heard immediately if they had overtightened anything during reassembling.
Last edited by JurassicF on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
davidd

Post by davidd »

Thanks, it’s been driven properly today and seems fine.
davidd

Post by davidd »

Just to ressurect this one..

It's weeping again, it's due a service in june so might book it in for may to get it redone (leaving enough time before lemans in case the cock it up).
rogerhall33

Post by rogerhall33 »

5hr DIY job, done it twice now, properly the second time round! Parts are about £40, oil and seal.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post