Heater dials not lighting up

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
steveo35

Post by steveo35 »

Hi. Has anyone had any issues with the three heater control dials. Mine as of today no longer display anything so I cant tell temprature or fan speed etc. ?

Thanks
Steve

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I was going to say "have you switched it on - as in pressed the middle control button" but as you've been on here since 2014 I doubt that is going to help!

Is everything else working ok?
Fuse?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
steveo35

Post by steveo35 »

Yes it all works. Heated seats etc and warm air. Can turn the fans up and down. Just cant see anything as the LED dosnt show.
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Hi Steve, I had this a month or so ago. Switched off the car, turned it back on and all was well again and hasn’t happened since. Little Jag electrical gremlins were having fun. Have you switched it off, locked the car, left it a while and then re-tried?
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
steveo35

Post by steveo35 »

Well i tried three times last nigh locking and opening the car .... no good. Got in the car this AM and het presto they work again. I should be used to gremlins after 20 years of Jag cars
Tel

Post by Tel »

steveo35 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:04 pm Well i tried three times last nigh locking and opening the car .... no good. Got in the car this AM and het presto they work again. I should be used to gremlins after 20 years of Jag cars
I was going to suggest a connection issue from the panel baclights thru the connector to the main loom... Hence to say its not that I suspect, but the car may be in need of a reboot to clear the gremlins... Disconnect battery for 5 mins and reconnect.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩