Service Required Re-set

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
steveo35

Post by steveo35 »

I took delivery of my F-type last week , it had a full service before delivery as was exactly 1 year old , unfortunately the service engineer has forgot to re-set the scheduled "service required" message that comes up.

They have sent me the invoice and service that was done , and have apologised that they forgot to do this , however they are nearly 90 miles away to get the message re-set.
Anyone know is it a sequence that can be done by the end user , or has it got to be hooked up to some special widget at a jag dealer to get the message removed.
Regards
Steve

Geminii

Post by Geminii »

Hi Steve.

I think that most if not all Jags these days have an 'electronic' service record that can be accessed by any Jag dealership.

If that is the case I would suspect that any dealership should be able to do a reset for you.

I guess if you have the software and the OBD interface module it could be DIY but if you have a closer dealer it may be a lot cheaper/easier.

Good luck

Dave
OneJag

Post by OneJag »

I think Dave is correct and you would need the right software and hardware to interface with the car to reset it.

You will also be able to get warranty repairs from your closest franchised dealer and will probably want services done there, so it would be in their interest to reset it for you too.
Don't dream it, drive it!
colin gray

Post by colin gray »

Just in case anyone comes across this topic and has a service indicator issue you can reset it yourself as follows:
However for future reference for any other members on a 2015 F type to reset the service indicator try the following:
Turn on the ignition.
Open the bonnet
Press the brake pedal and accelerator fully for 10 seconds
Turn off the ignition
Close the bonnet
Turn on the ignition
Service indicator should be reset
This worked on my 2015 5.0S when the indicator came on prematurely
Italian Racing Red V8S
Keep the LOUD button ON!
captainham

Post by captainham »

Interesting to know, I'm assuming you didn't stumble upon that sequence by accident though! :)
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
colin gray

Post by colin gray »

No it was no accident, as the car had only done 1600 miles at the time I called the selling dealer who put me in touch with Jaguar assist who in turn put me through to some other Jaguar technical department they gave me this info and said it "may" work but they had never got it to work yetShocked
Anyway I tried it and it worked first time I have posted it on the JEC forum as well.
Incidentally I was told by the dealers I could just ignore the indicator until the first service or get the service done early at my expense but no offer was made to reset it unless I returned it to the selling dealer in Edinburgh 500 miles awayUnhappy
Italian Racing Red V8S
Keep the LOUD button ON!
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

I know this an old thread, but the sequence above has just worked for me to reset the service due alert on the remote app, with no service due shown on the car console!

Thanks

Steve
2015 3.0 S F-Type Rhodium Silver Coupe (16MY)
1972 Triumph TR6
scm

Post by scm »

Cool. I had this come up 2 days after I took delivery of my used 2017 F-Type and took it back to the dealer to reset it. The sales guy said there was no way to reset it "sneakily", like I had done in my previous XKR. Seems he may be incorrect. :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post