Engine Warning Light

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Had this happen today on mine. Slowing down for a junction off M1 the light came on. Stayed on for next 3 starts. Used the roof button & called assistance. They are coming Sat morning. Strange thing is the light has gone off now, but will still let the assist come & see what caused it in case it happens again. The only thing I thought I noticed was the car smelt a bit sooty. Might have been me imagining that.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

400P

Post by 400P »

Happened again to mine this week. Called Jag assistance out today and confirmed it was an O2 sensor again. Engineer was very helpful - gave an explanation as to what is also provoking it, and in short has left the light on so that when I take it in to a dealer they will see it's still an existing problem.
- RWD 400 Sport -
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

So I guess I can expect mine to come back on again at some time.
Matchless

Post by Matchless »

Thanks for info. Going to main dealer armed and slightly dangerous!!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Well the jaguar assist came & plugged in. Said something about No1 Catalyst. As said the light had gone out before he came. He also said he does not do many Ftypes. Seems pretty reliable. He did ask if car had been stood, which I suspect it had since only done 2000 miles in a year. Anyway all good & he did all the software updates too.
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Hi All,

So my amber engine warning light has come on today

Car seems fine but reading through this thread i can just call Jag assistance FOC and they will come out and tell me if it's safe to drive/do a diagnostics?

Car is an SVR and two years old so still under manufacturer warranty

Help appreciated

Update - decided to call assistance and they are sending a jag technician round tomorrow noon - to be fair i wasn't planning to use the car till Tuesday so no rush but anyway should have an update tomorrow

probably not connected but yesterday was driving along merrily and had incontrol tracker alert call me saying that car had been entered and driven off (stolen) to which i replied well that's clever cos i am the owner and i'm in it now driving along. anyway I asked why this could happen and the nice lady said probably a loose wire somewhere?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

If EML is on then yes call Jaguar Assist and they will come out and take a look.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Thanks simpleR

booked for Noon tomorrow
400P

Post by 400P »

Just to add, when I had mine fixed I was advised that there are x4 02 sensors and 2 of mine had gone. Jag Assist only identified that 1 had gone and said it was safe to drive, however, the dealer told me that as 2 had gone this should have been spotted and the vehicle recovered (i.e. it should not have been driven).

Jag Assist left the warning light on (with my agreement) so that the dealer could immediately see the issue.

Good luck.
- RWD 400 Sport -
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Backofthenet wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:25 pm Thanks simpleR

booked for Noon tomorrow
Fixed? Or issue?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post