Engine Warning Light

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

turned out to be a faulty emissions sensor

part ordered and technician will return to fit replacement

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Excellent service then. Good stuff.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Yep - he also spotted that my carbon fibre roof had been scratched - looks deliberate - ah well - spent most of yesterday with the t-cut and elbow grease and to be fair it's about 90% out and if you didn't know you would not spot it now but one of those things when i have another spare hour and am bored i'll use more elbow grease and t-cut as i'm pretty sure i'll get it to 99% with time and effort.
Toryboy

Post by Toryboy »

Thought I would add to this thread as it’s relevant… engine warning light came on this morning, obviously alarmed I called local dealer who have booked me in for 9 days away. Read some of the input here and tried the wee Jaguar Assist button in the car, now have assistance coming to the house tomorrow so at least I’ll know what the problem is (hopefully)!
Supposed to be driving to the Isle of Skye next weekend for a wee jolly so hoping my fun is not spoiled !
MY22 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Firenze Red, Black Edition. A beautiful beast!
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Picked up my new to me SVR yesterday and already have my first problem! Amber engine warning light has come on. Thankfully it is a Jaguar approved car so the car is under warranty and Jaguar Assist is coming to diagnose the issue later today…fingers crossed it is not a big issue - I was hoping to be able to enjoy the car this weekend…grrr
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
MArtyn Veg

Post by MArtyn Veg »

Annoying I know as had the same thing happen in week 1 of having my dream machine but it’s most probably just a minor issue and that emission sensor again!
Hopefully you’ll be fixed today ready to drive all day tomorrow. It’s worth the wait! 😉
MY18 R Dynamic 3.0 V6 Santorini Black, 20” Carbon Blades
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Jag man plugged in his computer- car was showing 2 failed oxygen sensors so need to book car in to get them replaced. A pain but he did also say the car is perfectly ok to drive in the meantime - phew.
The car is very low miles and hardly been driven in the last year so I guess the 2 hour long drive home from the dealer triggered the failure.
I will use my my local jag garage for the fix
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Quick update - 2 new oxygen sensors fitted but engine light still on, further investigation tomorrow (I now suspect it might be faulty emissions sensor like Backofthenet had)
james4458

Post by james4458 »

On my first R with 22k miles I had same problem, replaced oxygen sensors and light stayed on. Finally diagnosed as a failed cat. Think it was £1200 at jag but got used one on ebay for £350, sorted problem. Mine wasnt under warranty but you should be covered.
White convertible V8 R AWD
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

jagseven wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:08 pm Quick update - 2 new oxygen sensors fitted but engine light still on, further investigation tomorrow (I now suspect it might be faulty emissions sensor like Backofthenet had)
Car now all sorted - it seems it was the HO2S (heated oxygen sensors) that were causing the problem - both left and right bank sensor 3 replaced under warranty. Engine warning light now off! Seems odd that both failed at the same time but maybe one had already failed and it’s only when the second failed that the warning light came on? At least I can now start to enjoy the car - only had it one week.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post