Disable Alarm 2014 V6S

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Scorchio595

Post by Scorchio595 »

Hello all, not been on the forum for a while but have a quick question if anybody has come across this before. We are going to Brittany in summer and I have been informed by Brittany ferries that when I leave the car on the ship it should be locked but the alarm should not be set. Is this possible on an F Type and if so how? Thanks for any advice
Stu
Caldera Red MY19 V8 AWD R

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

That is just a single lock then as opposed to a double lock.

A single press on the lock button on fob (or push the door handle in) locks the car but does not set the alarm.
Press the button again within a few seconds (or press the lock part of the door handle again) and it deadlocks and sets alarm.

Just single lock it for the ferry journey.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Scorchio595

Post by Scorchio595 »

Thanks for the reply will test that out today, just need someone really strong to rock the car !! :)
Caldera Red MY19 V8 AWD R
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Probably easier to sit inside it!!

A single lock just locks the doors. The door pull handles inside will still work I think.

DONT double lock yourself in because the door handles DO NOT work and you wont get out and the alarm will go off!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

My manual says "The single locking setting should be used in circumstances such as a ferry crossing." RTFM! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Just an additional thought re trackers also.
If you have an aftermarket tracker fitted then don't forget to advise them as the car moving without power will set off an alert.
If you have the Jaguar factory fitted tracker then go into the phone app and set it to "transport mode".

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post