Steel discs and pads that fit Carbon Ceramic callipers

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
CyberChr1s

Post by CyberChr1s »

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone makes a standard steel pad/disc that fit the carbon ceramic calliper. I assume not given the amount of them for sale, but figured it was worth asking!

Thanks!
MY2019 F-Type R AWD

Nick

Post by Nick »

Am interested myself, I did ask some time ago about converting to steel discs but the Jag dealer I spoke to said it can’t be done, find it difficult to believe.

Another option worth looking into is to find out what other makes have the same brembo callipers and find what price pads are. Never know maybe even the discs themselves.

Got loads of life on mine so have put it in the “to do list”
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
CyberChr1s

Post by CyberChr1s »

Yeah, I think the issue is the difference in the thickness of the discs. Given it's a Brembo I am fairly surprised that nobody is making a steel replacement for it. BMW do this, they have one calliper for all! If you ever figure this out, please please please let me know :D
MY2019 F-Type R AWD
ajpetty1

Post by ajpetty1 »

Also want to know! :)
Nick

Post by Nick »

I have been researching this.

There seems 2 options either replace the CC discs and pads with non JLR CC units or replace the discs and pads with non CC
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
ajpetty1

Post by ajpetty1 »

It's a shame this as I would love a decent looking set of calipers to finish the car off, I can't stand the look of the sliding set up ,😞 failing this I wonder if anyone knows of a decent pad setup as my car is running big power now and also I hate the amount of brake dust the stock pads give out. Any help is appreciated 🙂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post