stability control and other faults

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
R Toy

Post by R Toy »

Car had started flashing up 'stability control unavailable' and other warnings, on one occasion the battery/charge light came on but cleared on restart and worst of all it dropped out of drive on a busy dual carriage way , refusing to work again until stopped and restarted. :!:
A friend has a diagnostic fault reader which came up with about a dozen faults ranging from Abs and gear train drive to power hood .

Fearing I had bought a heap of trouble I booked the car into local Jag dealership for a full diagnostic .

However I googled the faults and one hit came up with a car with similar multiple faults that had been traced to a corroded earth strap.
Seemed unlikely on a 4 yr old car but first and easiest thing was to check the battery earth clamp and hey presto it was loose ! (although never had any starting issues)

Tightened up and all the faults have disappeared , Garage booking cancelled , happy days :D

Worth a check on any cars with similar problems.

scm

Post by scm »

For random faults popping up it's always worth checking the battery and connectors - Jags are a bit fussy about having enough voltage.

Glad you found a no cost fix! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

Result
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post