InControl Touch Pro Version 19A Released

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Pinched from XE Forum from today, some items refer to F-Type so thought it would be worth posting.......

===========================================================

InControl Touch Pro 19A has arrived: Version S19A_19.07.2-312706

IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) – SOFTWARE VERSION: S19A_19.07.2-312706, PART NUMBER: K8A2-19C204-BB (G2369115) INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 19A
Release Date: 2019-02-27

New features included in this release:

DRIVER ASSISTANCE FEATURES
Improved warning messages for Reverse Traffic Detection.

CLIMATE
It is now possible to adjust the second row temperature controls (where fitted) from the front upper screen.

NAVIGATION
Improved screen for manually adding personal charging stations.
10" TS only: It is now possible to select numbers and letters on the same screen when entering destination in Navigation system.

ELECTRIC VEHICLE SCREENS (ELECTRIC VEHICLES ONLY)
Improvements to the auto-add charge station and associated features.
Touchscreen view improved with updated preferred charging station settings.
Simplified range map display.

BLUETOOTH® AUDIO
It is now possible to change Bluetooth® device from the BT Audio screen and in media source selection list screen.

INCONTROL TOUCH PRO DUO TOUCHSCREEN
The lower screen will now dim by the same amount as the upper screen when in stealth mode.

TERRAIN RESPONSE SCREEN
Revised terrain response imagery.

WI-FI HOTSPOT (F-TYPE 19MY ONLY)
This update introduces hotspot support for F-Types.

ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE

ACTIVE EXHAUST BUTTON (VELAR SVA-DYNAMIC ONLY)
Active Exhaust Button now available on lower touchscreen.

BLUETOOTH®
Bluetooth® phone call connection improvements.
Bluetooth® Media will now reconnect automatically after unplugging iPhone™ from the front portable media interface panel.
General Bluetooth® usability improvements.

CLIMATE
When auto is selected, changing the distribution mode will cancel auto and the blower speed in the rotary dial will now change to its previous value.

NAVIGATION
When searching for specific Points of Interest (POI) using speech, it is no longer necessary to stipulate a search area.
Navigation start-up speed improvements.
Hybrid Charging Station filtering is now possible on PHEV vehicles.

ELECTRIC VEHICLE SCREENS (ELECTRIC VEHICLES ONLY)
Display will now work in low power mode.
Electric Vehicle (EV) button is now available on the Touchscreen (PHEV vehicles only).
Creep Mode not correctly displaying in the Touchscreen.
Estimated time to charge is no longer displayed unless a charging cable is connected to the vehicle.
Regenerative braking state can now be selected on-screen at start up.

RADIO
General stability improvements – MW Band.
Tuner screen – various bug fixes.

REVERSE TRAFFIC DETECTION
‘Reverse Traffic Detection not available’ message will no longer be displayed on touchscreen when system is active.

SMARTPHONE PACK FEATURES
Fixed Smartphone feature failure to launch at startup.
(China only) improved robustness when switching from iPhone™ to Baidu session.
(InControl Touch Duo only) CarPlay screen is not aligned with the center of the Touchscreen when launched while source selection screen displayed.
Loss of audio mid-cycle when listening to Spotify with Apple CarPlay.
Improved Android Auto connection strategy.

STARTUP
General start-up improvements.

GOODBYE SCREEN
Goodbye screen will no longer appear at the wrong time when the engine is switched off.

MULTIMEDIA PLAYBACK
General stability improvements.

SPEECH DATABASE UPDATES
Update of Speech Database using service screen – robustness improvements.

SVR LOGO (SVR VEHICLES ONLY)
SVR Logo no longer changes size during start-up.

KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS RELEASE

REAR VIEW CAMERA JUDDER
The camera image is not displaying as smoothly as it should be, this is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software release.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

I just need apple car play on my my18 surround I Itouch pro 8 inch unit. Does appear to give this😔
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
Parfect

Post by Parfect »

Booked in next week for 1st service and been told it’s £150 for my MY19 to have the Apple CarPlay added.
Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver
Gom Jabbar

Post by Gom Jabbar »

Thanks Simple R - good to know.

Is there anyway to find out the compatibility of this to a specific vehicle? Also can this on,y be done at a service or can you just book in to get such an upgrade.

Thanks

Steve
2018 F-Type SVR in Caldera Red with a huge amount of toys yet to be explored!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I'm not too sure how you determine what update applies to which car. If you logon to Topix and click minor details there is a new software tab which you could check against.

From speaking to the dealer, you only get software updates for free if you report an issue. Mine is booked in for 2nd service in May and I reported that when I receive a text message, the car chimes and displays the text message icon but if you click it the entire touch screen freezes and hangs and the buttons on the steering wheel also stop working so they agreed to do a software update for free. IE you only get software updates if you report a valid problem. If you have an issue then you should be able to book this in anytime, I chose to wait until service to save going in twice.

HTH
ClosetHairdresser

Post by ClosetHairdresser »

I have a MY2018.5 2.0 with the 8" ICTP. I've had 19A installed today and wanted to share some info on it as nothing seems to have been written about 19A on the 8" unit. I was previously on firmware version 17 but not sure of the exact version.

* The firmware still has the older style home screen layout rather than getting the newer three-tile version introduced in - I think - 18C on the 10" version.
* I've now got a WiFi hotspot option, which wasn't there previously.
* Notifications for when a new map update is available to download via your PC.
* I also now have the over-the-air (SOTA) update option as well.
* There are new graphics for the parking sensors, with a better looking car graphic and tidier looking lozenge shaped proximity bars.
* There is also a slight improvement in general performance; menus open more quickly and the system seems to have a slightly higher frame rate.

I can confirm that you cannot get the smartphone pack for the ICTP with 8" screen. I have Android Auto on my other car and while it's excellent I think that ICTP provides enough that I don't really miss it so don't feel you're missing out too much if you can't get it.
basher

Post by basher »

I had 19A installed yesterday as part of a sat nav fix. Shark fin got replaced too.

Map seems to be much more detailed than before. Not sure if this is a feature of the update or just a newer map.

Not noticed anything else - good or bad. Just hope it's a stable release. Don't fancy another visit to dealership until next service in 6 months.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
scm

Post by scm »

basher wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:14 pm... Just hope it's a stable release.
You'd need that with all those horses under your bonnet. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Parfect

Post by Parfect »

Had this installed at the weekend when my MY19 was in for its 1st service. Now have the SOTA and the hotspot works, even though when I queried it not working not long after picking the car up they told me there wasn’t one fitted.

I was told this was a chargeable upgrade so I had queried it with JLR customer care and they agreed that I shouldn’t have to pay for an upgrade on a year old car. To their credit they took it up with the dealer directly and the dealer waived the £150 fee they initially quoted.

It’s looks better than the old GUI. No voice button on my steering wheel so the smartphone aspects of it aren’t much use to me, so will continue to ask Siri 😊

Or maybe now there’s a hotspot I’ll ask Alexa 😂
Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Anyone now running 19A with SOTA enabled should get there first update this month!
19A2 should be pushed out shortly using SOTA. It is 8mb update I believe for Touch Pro.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post