InControl Touch Pro Version 19A Released

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

There was a little confusion on version numbers over on XE forum so thought I would update this post as well.

2019 Touch Pro / Duo Updates

Name - 19A
Date - 27th Feb 2019
Version - S19A_19.07.2-312706
Installation - Dealer Only
Features - All updates from v18c here, too large to post here
https://www.ovalnews.com/2019/03/incont ... notes.html

Name - 19A2
Date - 18th April 2019
Version - S19A_19.11.4-330884
Installation - Software Over The Air Only (SOTA)
Features - No new features

Fixes - PARKING AID
Parking aid audible alerts occasionally not operating after the last 19A software update has been fixed.

Fixes - NAVIGATION
The map screen will now switch from night to day mode automatically

Name - 19A3
Date - 17th June 2019
Version - S19A_19.20.4-363281
Features - Updates and Notes

Update - SOFTWARE OVER THE AIR (SOTA)
Vehicles will now have SOTA activated as standard previously the user had to activate it on the touchscreen.

Update - ANDROID AUTO
Improved automatic connection of Android Auto phones.

Update - PARKING AID AND CAMERAS
If front camera is selected it will no longer be replaced by the parking aid pop up when approaching an obstacle.
Performance improvements for the reverse camera when rapidly switching from reverse to drive to reverse – Note: This issues is not applicable to USA vehicles
After the front camera view has been automatically activated the user can now use the softkeys at the bottom of the screen to navigate away from this view.

NOTES - AUDIO
A customer may complain of popping noises on all sources of audio, this update will not fix it. The issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software
release.

Name - 19A4
Date - 11th July 2019
Version - S19A_19.24.2-375121
Features - No new features

Update - APPLE CARPLAY
Call audio will no longer be lost on the system speaker after accepting the call

NOTES - AUDIO
A customer may complain of popping noises on all sources of audio, this update will not fix it. The issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software
release.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Thanks for the info.....as always great stuff!
:D
It's nice to actually see what these updates do.
I'm currently on the 17th June one (19A_19.20.4.363281) and nothing has come down the pipe for the 11th July one but as it's only carplay I'm not too fussed as I don't use it.

Interesting they are still struggling with the audio popping as I have only seen that with the Velar and some are getting pretty pi**ed off and making "reject" noises.
I also heard fairly recently that SOA was halted at the moment for some reason so the July one might be the last for a while.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

PhilB wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:06 am Thanks for the info.....as always great stuff!
:D
It's nice to actually see what these updates do.
There is a lot of confusion with versions and naming conventions hence I thought it would be worth quoting the Jaguar version 19A1 to 4 along with the version number as displayed on the head unit so anyone can check.

I am still on 19A2 with no updates available. As I understand it the updates are scheduled for 6 month update windows to stop all cars on the same day requesting the same update. A bit like Windows Update runs for major updates.

The next update should be 19A5 in September however I've heard it might be 19B1 later in October so expect a new interface or layout etc if that happens.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Parfect

Post by Parfect »

Worth checking if their are any outstanding campaigns relevant to your car too. I had SOA activated back in March at its first service as part of the free CarPlay update for my MY19 but I had received no SOA updates since then. The Car was back at the dealership at the end of July as since the H185 engine software upgrade there are no more pops and crackles. Been told there is nothing can be done about that; interested if any other P300 owners have found the same.
Anyway was told that there was another campaign H232 which they applied: Within a week I received the July SOA update.
Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I had an update in march, don't know which, but I got apple car play and android auto. Car still cracks & pops.
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

My P300 had an update in May this year still has the pops and crackles, only difference seems to be dynamic mode switches off with the ignition. No Apple car play as it’s a MY 18.5.
2018.5 F-Type Convertible 2.0 Litre BRG
Rogere

Post by Rogere »

Hi
Bear with me!
I have just bought a MY 2017 SVR
This has the 8 inch screen
Can I get these updates? Do I need them? how do I get them?
Car is still under warranty, so do I talk to the local main dealer?

Roger
2016 F Type SVR. Firesand. A riot of black and orange!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Yes, but not all functionalities.
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Parfect

Post by Parfect »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:49 pm I had an update in march, don't know which, but I got apple car play and android auto. Car still cracks & pops.
The engine emissions update was just for UK vehicles I think.
NCE 61 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:24 pm My P300 had an update in May this year still has the pops and crackles, only difference seems to be dynamic mode switches off with the ignition. No Apple car play as it’s a MY 18.5.
Was it the update for emissions you had? My understanding is this was for MY19’s only. My Dynamic still switches on with ignition if it was on when switched off (there is a time limit I think before it reverts to normal)
Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver
scm

Post by scm »

Parfect wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:31 pm My understanding is this was for MY19’s only. My Dynamic still switches on with ignition if it was on when switched off (there is a time limit I think before it reverts to normal)
I had my MY18 updated (without my consent while it was in for some warranty work) and it disabled the 6 hour rememberance of dymanic mode, but the noise out the back is as mad as ever.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post