InControl Touch Pro Version 19A Released

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Had mine upgraded to 19B. Looks identical, With no Apple Car Play. Only issue is Jaguar Apps not working and my driven route no longer showing on the Jaguar Remote App.

Any ideas on how to fix my issues without going back to dealer?

Thanks
Andrew
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles

Deleted User 1481

Post by Deleted User 1481 »

My Jaguar apps are no longer working either but since they removed Spotify there's nothing there that interests me so no biggie... Id be interested to know if the dealer can fix it though...
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Does it show your journey details on the app? Mines stopped working.
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

apr1962 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:57 am Does it show your journey details on the app? Mines stopped working.
It's a problem at JLR's end.
Lot's of comments across quite a few forums.
Mine decided to start working again this morning and car location is correct, missing journeys are back and journeys from this morning are there.
Give yours another try and if necessary force an update with the car by swiping down on the homescreen (Android version).
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

I’ll wake car up when I get home and see if it updates. App show position, fuel level etc. Just missing the journey info since software update.
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

I think it's a coincidence as the Incontrol system went down about the time you had your update.
The update isn't connected with the Incontrol remote app.
Separate system.
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

Had an e-mail from Jaguar today saying that I haven't activated the software update system. Currently on release 18C which was dealer installed last year, but have tried several times to update over the last few weeks and get a message saying there is no update available. Car is going to the dealer in 2 weeks for its annual service anyway and will have the software updated then.
At the bottom of the e-mail, it clarifies that the smartphone pack is only available for the 10" Touch Pro system screens, so those of us with the 7" screen seem to be out of luck, a little annoying as my MY2018 car is less than 2 years old.
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

Well having written earlier in the week that the software update so far hasn't been available, I tried again after receiving the e-mail from Jaguar, and surprisingly the update to 19B was now available. Tried once to update, but seemed to fail. Tried again the following day and monitored the 4G mobile data to see if something was happening, took around 35 minutes to download around 200MB. Got a message it was installing, so left it overnight. This morning, checked again and said the new version would be used following the next shutdown. After waiting a couple of hours, it is now running 19B. I have the 8" screen, and a quick look suggests little visibly has changed, but one less thing for the dealer to do at the service.
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.
ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

Just tried an update from 19A on my MY20 and it says "No update available". 4G was connected.
I also tried updating my maps (it said those could be updated) and went through the process of downloading them on my PC to a FAT32 formatted USB3 64GB stick (it wouldn't fit on a 32GB). With engine running, in park, in Nav mode, then inserted the USB stick .... and nothing happened - zippo.
It was meant to spot the new maps and then start displaying instructions how to download.
P300 R Dynamic, Caldera Red, MY2020
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

ChrisG wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:49 am Just tried an update from 19A on my MY20 and it says "No update available". 4G was connected.
I also tried updating my maps (it said those could be updated) and went through the process of downloading them on my PC to a FAT32 formatted USB3 64GB stick (it wouldn't fit on a 32GB). With engine running, in park, in Nav mode, then inserted the USB stick .... and nothing happened - zippo.
It was meant to spot the new maps and then start displaying instructions how to download.
A lot of people have had the letter from JLR or have been trying to see if an update is available only to be told it isn't.
But they are coming out.
I have been looking for a while but getting nothing then suddenly last week the option popped up and I got 19B.
Had to redo the sound settings as they get dumped and also sign into the nav screen as well afterwards.

As regards the map update, I did mine a couple of days ago.
It might be a coincidence but I started the car and waited until it was all active then put the stick in and then tapped on the nav and got the message/permission to update.
Went for a drive and it took about 20 minutes to load.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post