InControl Touch Pro Version 19A Released

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Thanks SimpleR appreciated.

Regards
Andrew
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Well I haven't heard back from dealer but today I got an update on Topix for my car:

OUTSTANDING CAMPAIGNS
H251 - INCONTROL TOUCH PRO UPDATE

Um.... maybe they have started something remotely..... chased them for an update anyway.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Loki

Post by Loki »

simpleR wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:12 pm Well I haven't heard back from dealer but today I got an update on Topix for my car:

OUTSTANDING CAMPAIGNS
H251 - INCONTROL TOUCH PRO UPDATE

Um.... maybe they have started something remotely..... chased them for an update anyway.
This is also showing on Topix for my car (unsurprisingly, given it's also a 400 Sport). I guess it's something I have to contact the dealer about? Is it something I would expect to pay for?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I am working it out with the service manager at my dealer over email but he is off today (back Monday).

I have the process of how it works, both SOTA and how it integrates with TopiX and what the outstanding campaign means and importantly how to get updated for free.

As soon as I have got updated from 19A3 to 19B I will document it all, explain each step and provide sample emails you can all send.
Happy days. Bear with me everyone!!
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Do we know yet if 19B will give us apple car play on the 8 inch pro though?

I’m not sure what my release mine is running and if it supports OTA. I will check when I get back from holiday on Sunday

How do I check Topix on outstanding actions?

Thanks
Andrew
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Bear with me. All will be explained.
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Simple R

Just got home from my holiday. I had a route around and can only find version info under the satnav settings. Details below:

Product Name: In Control Touch Pro

App version: 2017C.10-4957

Date Activated 01.02.2017 0:00

Last Map Update: 13.04.2019 7:53

Does this mean I am on version C10 from 2017, presumably what it came out of the footy with, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks
Andrew
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
Elementad

Post by Elementad »

Is there a way to undo an update, as you can do on a mac or pc (revert to previous) - their must be.
I really don’t like the fact they have changed the memory so every time I start the car after a short trip I now have to press dynamic mode again as well as the eco stop/start button.

I liked my car/set up the way it was and nobody asked me/advised me before this change was made. I find it a faff and inconvenient no matter how trivial it may sound.

Referring to the change to dynamic mode no longer having a 6 hour memory by the way
F Type R AWD coupe
(Previous car) F Type V6S convertible
Parfect

Post by Parfect »

I have had the 19A version and recently had the 19B installed. Dynamic mode stayed active after restart with both versions. It would reset overnight but stayed active during the day.
Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Updating of the Touch Pro head unit is no relation to the car remembering or forgetting dynamic mode after each ignition cycle. The software on the car and the head unit is two separate things.

I am now running 19B after SOTA updates without having to visit the dealer. Just working on issue and Android Auto/Car Play queries and I'll post a full update etc as promised.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post