Build quality

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Parfect

Post by Parfect »

Went for a lovely drive up to Aboyne via Old Military Road at the weekend. Stunning scenery on a gorgeous day.

Parked the car and noticed the 🆘 / breakdown cover was hanging down. Took it off before it fell off completely and went to put it back on today. Shocked to discover it was held up by blue (black) tak. Makes me wonder what other shortcuts have been taken during the build 😟

95CBB383-8C60-46D4-9958-1DF75B9D3A0E.jpeg

86BF2EFB-3351-47FF-A88D-C9C1648CFFDF.jpeg

Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver

daveyc86

Post by daveyc86 »

Disappointing to say the least. I tend to find clips for things like the rear diffuser are loose and just not made that well. I has a bit of rubber weather trim come loose yesterday on the door too :roll:. Thankfully they are small things that you only notice if you have an eye for detail or are a passionate owner. But it does really detract from the brilliant overall package of the car. I suspect Jag will only really improve with the right level of investment and leadership focus on QA and Testing.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

I can't believe that these panels are bodged into place using blue (black) tack in the factory.
It looks like there is a slot beside the gunge so I would say the original panel has clips that maybe have been broken off at some stage and bodged back into place.
I would query it with your dealer as you still appear to be under warranty and get the panel replaced.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello Phil

They are not like that from the factory .. well mine isn't and is hinged and clips into place, looks like some one was to forcefull with the cover then the blue tack may have been added later ?
Tel

Post by Tel »

I was only looking at a 2018 model the other day and was shocked that the general build quality was shoddy compared to the earlier MK 1 F Types if you looked closely... Sign of the Times perhaps?
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Parfect

Post by Parfect »

There’s been no opportunity for this to have been removed since I bought the car. It’s going into get replaced next month. At the same time I’m having some paint damage repaired that occurred when it was in for its service, plus damage to the bottom of the door that also occurred during the service.

E3F59265-2D8C-4061-9CD4-4850F4F32C5F.jpeg

Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver
scm

Post by scm »

Parfect wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:17 pm... I’m having some paint damage repaired that occurred when it was in for its service ...
Was that at Harwood's Basingstoke?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Parfect

Post by Parfect »

No Pentland Edinburgh
Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver