front parking aid

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

just thinking how useful front sensors would be, as I have the rears, has anybody fitted the fronts after purchase any info would be appreciated

santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

I doubt you can fit parking aids after market. But anyway, My car came with front and rear. The front's are definitely useful, especially, if like me you're relatively short meaning one can't see the edges of the car due to the low seating position. To solve this, I now use a cushion.
What I find useful with the front aids, and this is unique to my situation, is that I have a VERY steep and angled driveway, so when I exit, both the front and rear parking aids pick up the ground and warn when the bottom of the car is too close to the ground, in which case I change the wheel angle.
If you're short and not using a cushion, get it.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Mine was advertised as having front, rear + camera and listed that in Topix however the front ones were never installed and were missing so I only have rear + camera. (And a refund and Topix corrected).

After approaching two years I cannot say I miss the front sensors. I find it very easy to park anyway even with the extra splitters etc on the 400 and if it is a tricky spot I just reverse in.

You can have the front sensors retro fitted to some degree but without the integration into the display so it bleeps etc. There is a topic on here somewhere detailing who and prices etc but I cannot find it.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

THANKS GUYS

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post