Smart Top Module Update

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

For those who have the Smart Top Module you may be interested that there is a complete new firmware release
Model STHFJR1

According to the options it now has module control features to enable, memorise or disable ECO on startup and Exhaust Valves to factory, memorise or open on start. I'm liking both of these :)

Not updated mine yet, but looks interesting

https://www.mods4cars.com/m4cupdate/ind ... =STHFJR1#1
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

Tel

Post by Tel »

That is very cool... Well done for spotting it.

Mine already has no Eco and no pass by noise reduction software update.

I'll still update my module though.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Had the opportunity to update mine yesterday and have to say well worth it.
Usual faff getting the module connected to the laptop, but a few seconds to update the firmware and then a couple of minutes to tick the new boxes and correct any other settings I wanted.
Ignition on and after a couple of seconds the module overrides the car programmes, exhaust open light is on and no Eco light on. Joy and if I do find either setting is annoying if say I start leaving home early the memorise option can be used with a quick setting change
Good update
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
AyceeDeeCee

Post by AyceeDeeCee »

That looks brilliant. Like the Eco stop start override and opening of the exhausts option too.
stucart

Post by stucart »

Updated mine about a month ago, like the no ECO mode function,
However the other day I used the remote to close the roof whilst at a café when a shower started, seemed to go perfectly normal until I went back to the car and found drivers window down???
Subsequently every time it now does the same every time??
Both windows up, both drop as roof deploys or closes but drivers doesn't raise when passengers does???
Now, do you reckon its a Smart Top fault or a window fault?
Does the same if i use in car button or remote
Any suggestions
2014 V6s Roadster
Polaris White /Red Interior/Black Roof
20" Carbon Blades
Black Pack, + Every Option :D
Full REMUS Cat back system :lol:
scm

Post by scm »

Sounds like a window fault if it behaves the same way with the door button and fob. Unless the Smart Top module is interfering somehow, but that seems unlikely.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

stucart wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:41 pm Updated mine about a month ago, like the no ECO mode function,
However the other day I used the remote to close the roof whilst at a café when a shower started, seemed to go perfectly normal until I went back to the car and found drivers window down???
Subsequently every time it now does the same every time??
Both windows up, both drop as roof deploys or closes but drivers doesn't raise when passengers does???
Now, do you reckon its a Smart Top fault or a window fault?
Does the same if i use in car button or remote
Any suggestions
I believe it’s the module software. Since the reprogramme I came back twice and found the windows down. Scary that once was an all day in a multi storey
Took the module out and rewrote to it and not happened since, although I’ve taken to watching the car until everything has finished the cycle...
Interesting to note though I’m Not alone
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
stucart

Post by stucart »

CJ on mine it’s only one window ., how you describe yours Both stayed down, ( that is programmable) ?
Window operates off door switch fine and drops as door handle pops out and raises as door shuts
2014 V6s Roadster
20" Carbon Blades
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

All my normal window controls work perfectly. From memory was just drivers window I found down. There isn’t an option to programme individual windows.
I’m sure on mine it’s the module software as no issues at all until I updated to the new software
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
stucart

Post by stucart »

Fixed it!
The drivers window had lost its "one touch" on the up stroke, re set by holding button for few seconds after lowering and raising window, "one touch" works again, consequently window now raises automatically after roof operation !
2014 V6s Roadster
20" Carbon Blades

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post