Can't get it fixed!

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Sounds like a complete nightmare. Really feel for you. Dare I ask which dealer the car is at?

Service - 43 days in a workshop is appalling.
Sales - Buy back price is equally appalling.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

You found out what actually wrong with the engine? I'm wondering if it was Injectors all along and they'v snapped and stuck in head???
Chammers

Post by Chammers »

simpleR - Sturgess, Leicester.

Ftypeharv - they have no idea what is wrong until they take the engine out and physically look at stuff.
F-Type 400 Sport Coupe, Indus Silver, Panoramic roof, Climate pack2, front parking aid, rearview camera
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Blimey this is Sturgess? They used to be good at this stuff. I used them several times on recommendations. Did you buy the car from them?
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Chammers

Post by Chammers »

daytona650 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:31 pm Blimey this is Sturgess? They used to be good at this stuff. I used them several times on recommendations. Did you buy the car from them?
Yes I did.
F-Type 400 Sport Coupe, Indus Silver, Panoramic roof, Climate pack2, front parking aid, rearview camera
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

Wow. I’m really sorry to hear this. Can’t say I'm surprised as have been left with a sour taste after my purchasing experience with Jaguar.

It really worries me that a 2 year old car with such low mileage is having this kind of issue AND that they’re not bending over backwards to sort you out properly. £73k on a car and not getting a like for like replacement until it’s fixed is ridiculous given that you’re still under warranty. Completely unacceptable. Anyone looking at buying an F-Type might want to think twice... The offer to buy back is a joke too! Please keep the thread updated.
MY20 F-Type P340
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I’m astounded to hear of this from Sturgess
I’ve used them for a decade in servicing an XF and now F Type and they are second to none.
For sure they will monitor this thread and I’d be surprised if their PR manager doesn’t step in.
I can’t help but feel there’s more to this somewhere than just the dealer. Either way it appears very wrong and poor service by Jaguar overall
Hope it’s sorted soon.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Also astounded to hear this was at Sturgess. Always had a great reputation, I was brought up in Leicestershire and knew Robin Sturgess through motorsport. It was the company to go to.
When my car went in for a differential replacement, Jaguar sent down an XE "S" 380 BHP to replace mine as it had to be an "S" due to mine being an "S" and Poole only had the basic XFs. So hope you have something suitable as a replacement.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
SturgessJaguar

Post by SturgessJaguar »

Chammers - I understand that Vikki Bull, our Customer Care Manager, and Carl Briggs our Service Manager are working hard with Jaguar to get this resolved for you. The car is scheduled to be stripped down today and we will again liaise with Jaguar Technical with the aim of a complete resolution as quickly as possible.

Please be assured that we are doing everything we can and will continue to do so.

Kind regards

Nichola
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

simple solution in my opinion, just fit a new engine, simples.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post