Can't get it fixed!

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

chicb wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:48 am You should be phoning twice a day or going in. They have not been working on it for a month, that's for sure. Its probably lying there, being looked at when they have a few minutes to spare. Make a nuisance of yourself, contact dealer principal, service manager, anyone. Contact Jaguar as well. Threaten them with going to the press or watchdog. Go into the showroom & create a fuss as potential customers will run a mile.
Too many people just accept what they say at face value
Totally agree with this, although we should never have to go this far. You are being treated atrociously.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

JohnG123

Post by JohnG123 »

Must say I agree with all the comments. You need to get on to Jaguar customer relations.

Hope you get it sorted asap.......................
Chammers

Post by Chammers »

Thank you to everyone who has chipped in with comments so far.

JurrasicF.....a technician from the factory attended the dealership last Friday. I have spoken to the people at Jaguar Customer care centre and a "case handler" was appointed more than a week ago.

Tel....no idea on the diagnostics

chicb.....I think you are spot on when you say they look at it when they have some spare time

Latest situation is that they have got to do major work stripping down the engine (approx 25 hours according to the Service Manager), but because of workloads they can't start until the end of this week - unbelievable.

The salesman who sold me the car has left, so I spoke to the business manager today and told him I want them to buy it back at a sensible price, as I have lost all faith in the car. He said he would speak to the appropriate people and someone would call me back today - they didn't. I have the email address of Ralf Speth and will be writing to him tomorrow if I don't get any good news by close of play!
F-Type 400 Sport Coupe, Indus Silver, Panoramic roof, Climate pack2, front parking aid, rearview camera
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Well I do hope you get it sorted or fixed or returned or sold back to dealer - whichever your preference is.

Having read the topic I am coming to a couple of conclusions, mainly:

1) I can only presume there is no error codes being produced otherwise they would know what to change?
2) I hope I never end up at this dealer (who are they?)

From my experiences of using my dealer for servicing and warranty work I'd like to think they would nail this issue in a couple of days max!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

Back in the day vehicle off road (VOR) would get major attention, I can't believe any dealer would let it drag on for a month! Your customer satisfaction survey will be well worth a read! :)

Hope you can get it resolved to your satisfaction.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
chicb

Post by chicb »

If they are stripping the engine, sounds like head gasket or valve problems. On a 7k engine, wow. I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.
Ridiculous they have had it a month. After you get a resolution, name & shame them
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

OP, personally I wouldn’t bother with an email to Ralf Speth, he has a team of PA’s who filter out any mail they deem as ‘spam’

Drop me a PM of you want a senior contact within the customer service sector
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

I wonder what is there for stripping engine, they must suspect siomething pretty serious going on??!!
Chammers

Post by Chammers »

dbv6s wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:12 pm OP, personally I wouldn’t bother with an email to Ralf Speth, he has a team of PA’s who filter out any mail they deem as ‘spam’

Drop me a PM of you want a senior contact within the customer service sector
A week after taking delivery of my car I noticed that the doors didn't fit properly (many instances of that on this forum). I was furious and emailed Ralf Speth then - almost within minutes I was overloaded with emails from all sorts of people with important sounding job titles!

Thanks for your offer of a phone number I will bear that in mind if things don't improve.
F-Type 400 Sport Coupe, Indus Silver, Panoramic roof, Climate pack2, front parking aid, rearview camera
Chammers

Post by Chammers »

Update:
Unfortunately dbv6s was correct - my email to Ralf Speth resulted in the standard reply that he was out of the office, but he would be kept informed of developments LOL. My follow up email wasn't even acknowledged by his PA. All she does is forward emails to Jaguar Experience who I already have on the case. I asked my dealer to buy it back from me - a £73K car with 7,700 miles and 2 years 1 month old and was offered a derisory £38K. Also, I have requested an F-type loan car - Jaguar Experience has two, but they are both already loaned out. The news this morning is that because of workloads they can't start work on removing my engine until this coming Wednesday which is 43 days since it went in. Just imagine my car was out of warranty! I am keeping this thread going until it concludes as a warning to other F-Type owners. For me though, enough is enough and I have ordered a Lexus LC500.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post