Can't get it fixed!

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

cj10jeeper wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:32 am We all have different ways of doing our business
Let me be clearer why I say what I do.
First no doubt the situation is terrible and needs fixing. Either the work done or Op told it won’t be and why. That then leads to different things

For now the visit:

You land at the desk Monday morning. Unexpected. They have no one to meet or update you and 30 cars dropping in for services, PDI, sale, etc. Nicola is not in. The MD is busy and service manager tells you he’ll call you later after speaking to JLR. Car in car park or on ramp and you leave. But if anger if you prefer..

Alternative. You call and speak to Nicola, book to see them in the afternoon, confirm who will join and get a proper update from them with input from JLR. More likely to get clear exchange of what’s happening between JLR and dealer. Next steps and timeline agreed. Sort out your courtesy car if not happy and hopefully a better situation..

As an aside IMHO JLR have not cleared the work to be done. Either not sure they know the problem, not warrantied for some reason or anything similar that is delaying the go ahead. Dealer simply cannot start or it’s on their risk, time, costs and they end up with an engine out car with a blocked bay causing chaos for days or it’s towed outside and left. Not good for dealer.

Beauty of forums is that OP decides what to do from differing advice. Dealer is also reading this for sure

As I said just the way I conduct business and for sure with in this case some clear frustration expressed.
Either way good luck and I’m sure this thread will contain details.
Fair enough :)

I guess it depends what people are trying to achieve by visiting - if it's to see whether the car is actually being worked on or not, my view would be to drop in unannounced (which is what I was working on).

If you're trying to have a productive meeting, and understand what the next steps are, then yes, of course phoning ahead and ensuring someone is there to update you with the latest status and the stance JLR are currently taking, is the right way forward.

I don't disagree that JLR probably haven't cleared the car for work, but then the dealership should be honest about what is actually happening rather than promising progress and not delivering. That's a sure fire way of irritating an already miffed (to say the very least) customer.. Honesty and transparency goes a long way, and regardless of the current status behind closed doors, the dealership haven't been those two things. Don't promise something you're not sure you can't deliver.

For clarity - I've not had my car for coming up to three months this year (current stint is 8 weeks in the dealer and the car is finally expected to be returned to me at the end of next week), I've been going through this very process myself and have adopted both approaches, but in my case it's just been a long time trying to diagnose a battery drain issue which the dealership and JLR have kept me well informed of progress after I got fed up and kicked up a fuss after 4 weeks of very few updates.

Hope it gets resolved asap for all of us!
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover

daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Any Update on this Chammers?
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

daytona650 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:35 am Any Update on this Chammers?
Yes. Would be interesting to know how this is playing out to a resolution
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Chammers

Post by Chammers »

Day 53 update:
I mentioned previously, that despite the grief I have been suffering, the Service Manager at Sturgess Jaguar has been upfront and honest in his conversations with me. A couple of days or so ago he delivered to my home an F-type loan car to replace the E-Pace I have had since day 1.
The engine did get removed in the past week and I was given an update yesterday. Visual inspection did not reveal any issues and at the advice of the technical department at the factory a brand new engine has been ordered together with new injectors. This looks like a good result and they are aiming to get my car back to me by next Saturday.
I will update in due course.
F-Type 400 Sport Coupe, Indus Silver, Panoramic roof, Climate pack2, front parking aid, rearview camera
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Sounds like a very positive piece of progress and acceptance of the situation by JLR to moving to replace an engine with no visible fault, which is a big expensive step.
Delivering you an F Type is good as that’s never the deal when a car gets worked, however long they have it.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I'm very pleased for you - sounds very positive.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

This is an excellent result for you and I am sure you will be far happier with a brand new engine rather than one that has been pulled apart.
Good they have finally delivered an F Type as well, even though the thought is a bit late.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
chicb

Post by chicb »

Pleased for you. Best outcome you could have hoped for. The dealer has finally got their act together & should be applauded for that.
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

Great! Well done Sturgess. I have sympathy for them as the dealer is usually just the middle man. Certainly the case with my purchase a month ago. JLR don’t make things easy.

I wonder what they’ll buy the car back for now? Might be tricky to sell privately in years to come... Also assuming you get a new 3 year warranty on the engine now? All worth checking...
MY20 F-Type P340
basher

Post by basher »

Congrats Chammers. Patience and a calm attitude pays off in the end.

As a fellow 400 owner on very similar mileage, I've been very interested in the outcome.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post